No announcement yet.

"New" Mayweathers chances against Pacquiao

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"New" Mayweathers chances against Pacquiao

Given how Floyd has altered his strategical mindset towards his last two fights at welterweight, do you think he will do better against Pac fighting like he did vs. Mosley and Ortiz, or should he be more cautios, defenseminded like in his previous fights at the weight?

Also. What are the pros/cons of both styles with regards to a fight with Pacquiao.

I have a strong bias for great defense, but at the same time, i think Floyd looked fantastic in the 4 rounds displayed tonight.

He looked more aggressive, but there were a few times he got caught because of it. This "new" style actually favors Pacquiao a bit more than his more defensive style IMO. That's not to say he was neglecting his defense today, far from it. But Pac likes to **** and we'll gladly welcome an aggressive Floyd.

Comment

he looked amazing last night....Jim Lampley was biased and fooled tons of fans. Mayweather displayed amazing defense and a right hand that could not miss. The second half of the fight would have gotten UGLY.....

Comment

he looked great..no way pakiao beats him

Comment

he knocked out a guy with his hands down. i could knock out many guys if they had their hands down. it aint nothing

Comment

i think floyd still wins a decision but i'm giving manny a better chance than before.

Comment

If he comes there trying to mix it up he gets knocked out, his legs seem slow to me, victors sorry as was tagging him on the ropes,

Comment

Floyd will stop Manny , nobody that is smaller than Floyd has a snowballs chance in hell of beating him , he boxed brilliant tonight and was sharp as a tack and is so strong when he stands his ground , Pac wont be a problem people will be shocked how easy Floyd out classes him .

Comment

Originally posted by Harry Balls View Post
                  Given how Floyd has altered his strategical mindset towards his last two fights at welterweight, do you think he will do better against Pac fighting like he did vs. Mosley and Ortiz, or should he be more cautios, defenseminded like in his previous fights at the weight?

Also. What are the pros/cons of both styles with regards to a fight with Pacquiao.

I have a strong bias for great defense, but at the same time, i think Floyd looked fantastic in the 4 rounds displayed tonight.
                  People keep saying Floyd has no power. Bull****, he tagged Ortiz repeatedly with that straight right hand and had Ortiz backpedalling in TWO ****ING ROUNDS.

Pacquiao CANNOT fight going backwards, FACT.

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleMM View Post
                    he looked amazing last night....Jim Lampley was biased and fooled tons of fans. Mayweather displayed amazing defense and a right hand that could not miss. The second half of the fight would have gotten UGLY.....
                    Well Merchant (before the interview) said Floyd looked great inside the ring, which shocked me

Comment

Working...
                    X