No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mayweather Sr. Disagrees With Kirkland on KO Loss

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wazaa. View Post
    , didn't read the article until now. Sr. is actually right for once.
    Well, ain't that a *****. Who's being contradictive now when you're being biased yourself.

Comment

Totally not surprised, Kirkland lacked defense, never moved his head and would square up. If he doesn't change his game, this won't the last time.

Comment

Originally posted by Pullcounter View Post
        while I do believe kirkland's defense sucks and he would've just kept on getting knocked down, kirkland deserved a 10 count from cortez and an opportunity to continue.

cortez should've gave kirkland the benefit of the doubt. I mean jmm got knocked down 3 times and they let the fight continue. ****in cortez was wrestling kirkland down for ****'s sake... atleast let dude get the **** up.

Still think Kirkland beats Martinez you silly ****????

Comment

Originally posted by check hook View Post
          Still think Kirkland beats Martinez you silly ****????
          NO ONE beats Martinez below 160.

Angulo will be the only one to make it an interesting fight.

Anyone still thinks Kirkland beats Angulo?

Comment

Originally posted by SluggerFan View Post
            All Cortez did by keeping Kirkland down was give Kirkland an excuse. Now Kirkland can say "I wasn't hurt", "I could've continued", etc but we will now never know. It didn't look good for him but he should have been given the chance to get up. Kirkland does have devastating power and if threw a bomb or haymaker and caught Ishida, he could've changed the whole fight. The one thing about Ishida however every fight he lost was a 12 round decision, he'd never been KO'd. So, in short, we will have to wait to see if Kirkland has any kind of recuperative powers...
            lol yeah Cortez actually saved his dignity.

Comment

Mayweather Sr is right about the D.

Comment

Maybe because the man has forgotten more about boxing than you'll ever know? That could possibly be it.

Comment

Right .... that's why he lost to Williams the first time. Freaking Margarito beat him before. The secret to Martinez' success is that EVERYONE had underestimated him. Williams didn't believe that Martinez had the firepower to catch him and rock him.

Martinez is alot like Baldomir: He has like 2 really good wins, and his fans an countrymen go ape**** as if he is reigning, clearing a division or something crazy.

Martinez is enjoying success in a division that is devoid of real talent since BHop left. For many years, Bhop had no real competition because NO ONE WAS AT MW! Trinidad, DLH, Winky Wright ... they all had to move up in weight. Without those wins BHop would have either had to move up in weight earlier, or retire.

Martinez isn't half the boxer some would like him to be. He's good, and there's no doubt about it. However Pavlik was damaged goods after what BHop did to him. His ego and confidence never recovered.

Williams is not a proven commodity at MW. Never has been. The guy is really competing at WW, jr MW & MW all at the same time. He's that dynamic. Paul Williams got caught. Its not the same as being outboxed. And as such, Williams and Martinez are 1 & 1. If they rematch, I believe that Williams won't take Martinez' ability to punch so lightly. I've always said that his wide punches would get him into trouble.

If Martinez thinks he's so good, why not face Andre Ward? I'm sure Ward would be willing to meet Martinez at 160. I personally think that Williams would win in a rematch having experienced what carelessness brings about. That is, unless Paul has become gun-shy over the ordeal.

Comment

Working...
                  X