Collapse
No announcement yet.

Every Vitali win adds to the Legend of Lennox Lewis

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lewis vs Vitali was the best heavyweight fight of the decade.

Comment

would also like to mention that version of lennox still hands 99 percent of heavyweights their asses. and he doesn't lose 4 rounds doing it either.

Comment

Originally posted by Steelhammer2010 View Post
        The iron chinned Vitali took the huge uppercut and was unphased, he immediately came back with his own power punches and stunned Lewis again.

Unlike Lewis, Vitali has a great chin, never been down, and he has great stamina, always gets stronger as the fight goes on.

Lewis was clearly losing the fight. He was badly hurt several times, exhausted, worn down and was ready to get KTFO again. Vitali would've given Lewis his 3rd KO loss if the fight had continued.

George Foreman "Lennox Lewis got lucky, there has to be a rematch"

Jim Lampley "A lucky escape for Lewis who was clearly losing the fight"

Vitali beat his ass into retirement.

He would have went down for sure with a few more seconds. He can be hurt. And do you honestly believe that Lewis was anywhere near his prime when they fought? Mike Tyson was about as good as De La Hoya was when he fought Pacquiao, or JCC was when he fought De La Hoya...Come on. The guy had the body of an old man. Perhaps the skill was still there, but he definitely wasn't the same fighter.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a huge Vitali fan. Without the injuries, he could have been something huge. But Lewis is just better...And you said that 38 isn't old, so why did Vitali look horrible tonight then? And I don't want to hear any of that "Sosnowski came prepared" stuff. Prepared or not, he's still a tomato can. A prime Vitali would have put him to sleep in 6.
        Last edited by BoxerDood; 05-29-2010, 06:49 PM.

Comment

The iron chinned Vitali took the huge uppercut and was unphased, he immediately came back with his own power punches and stunned Lewis again.

You didnt answer the question. Why was Vitali trying to hold BEFORE the uppercut?

You have all these quotes, and texts and opinions about the fight but when it comes to actual instances occurred you have no explanation.

Video doesnt lie, and it shows Vitali holding throughout the 6th round...

Comment

Vitali was green and experienced when he dominated Lewis.

Lewis was 37, that's not really that old for a heavyweight. Vitali is almost 39, came back after a 4 year layoff and is still dominating the HW division.

He is dominating the worse division in boxing, and the worse that the HW has been ever IMO, not really a big achivement.

In the interviews before their fight, Lewis said he was well prepared, very motivated for the fight and he wanted to keep fighting for a few more years.

He was going to say that he was going into a fight, if said before hand that he was washed up ect then what would be the point of being the World Champ? He might aswell have vacated his title. But as everyone can see Lewis was over the hill and very tired during the fight, but imo had a second win in round 5.

Lewis was coming off the biggest win of his career, the KO win over Tyson. In the Lewis/Tyson post fight interview Lewis stated "I'm like fine wine, I get better with age."

Firstly it wasn't his biggest win, yes he wanted to fight Tyson, but he was well past prime coming into the fight and most people knew Lewis would have won. Secondly like my comments before, of corse he is going to say that he has still got it ect, which world champ wouldnt after beating someone unless they decieded to retire after the fight befor hand

Vitali took the fight on just 10 days notice.

Yes but he was still in training to fight Cedric Boswell so its not as if he had not train at all. Also as number one contender and wanting a shot at the title, when an oppertunity comes along your going to take it.

Lennox Lewis got DOMINATED and RETIRED by Vitali Klitschko.

Yes in the earlier round kilschko did hurt lewis, but imo lewis got a second wind and did hurt Vitali quite a bit during the fight, and destroyed his facem so had the upper hand yes, dominated NO. On the point of lewis retiring? He had nothing to gain from a rematch, yes he was offered a lot of money, but to lewis money isn't everything and he left with a very good legacy and retired undiputed HW champion and didnt go down the path of past champions trying to regain the glory days coming back from retirement
            Don't get me wrong Vitali is a very good fighter, but at the wrong era for him. If he was contender in the 90's he would have been put more to the test and could have proved himself more, but with the current competition around it will effect his legacy. Prime for Prime Lewis Wins everytime, as he proved himself against great fighters to Vitali's average ones.

On the fight itself, yes it made Lewis more aware that he couldnt continue in boxing, but he did mess up Vitali's face quite badly and even though i thought that there should of been anouther round, if his eye got damaged that could have been his last fight and the doctor did right stopping the fight.

Comment

Vitali was green and experienced when he dominated Lewis.

Lewis was 37, that's not really that old for a heavyweight. Vitali is almost 39, came back after a 4 year layoff and is still dominating the HW division.

In the interviews before their fight, Lewis said he was well prepared, very motivated for the fight and he wanted to keep fighting for a few more years.

Lewis was coming off the biggest win of his career, the KO win over Tyson. In the Lewis/Tyson post fight interview Lewis stated "I'm like fine wine, I get better with age."

Lennox Lewis got DOMINATED and RETIRED by Vitali Klitschko.
              Originally posted by Soir View Post
              You didnt answer the question. Why was Vitali trying to hold BEFORE the uppercut?

You have all these quotes, and texts and opinions about the fight but when it comes to actual instances occurred you have no explanation.

Video doesnt lie, and it shows Vitali holding throughout the 6th round...
              Soir, he brings up that same quote everytime we have this debate but what he fails to add is that in the after match interview against Klit, on a NUMBER of occasions, Lewis firmly pointed out to Larry Merchant "Look at the state of his face" or "I was just getting my second wind."

The bottom line is, Lewis rearranged Vitali's face. Pure and simple. Vitali lost comprehensively, GET OVER IT.

Comment

FAO: BoxerDood

That was clearly a push, not a kd. Vitali got up immediately and was unphased.

Vitali DESTROYED Sanders.

Comment

Originally posted by Tunney! View Post

And the worst cut was caused by a headbutt anyway. It should have been a TD win for Vitali, since he was ahead on all three scorecards.

You are blind. Vitali gets hit flush in the mouth 3 times in my sig in the exact spot where his lip appears to be busted and you still are yapping about headbuts.

I guess part of being a sister fan is lying to yourself, ignoring video tape, putting truth sayers on ignore lists, and repeating lies until they become "facts". Thank god the fight was photographed and recorded otherwise liars like you would contend that LL failed to land a single punch.
                  [IMG]//i19.***********.com/albums/b163/dantzu/Vitalibeatup.jpg[/IMG]

Comment

Originally posted by Soir View Post
                    Since 2003, no one has been able to cut Vitali, bruise Vitali, consistently stagger him, or land as many flush shots as Lennox did in 6 rounds at the age of 37(292 days).

Most onseers saw Vitali as a tomato can with a lot of heart who was sticking it to Lennox Lewis. No one could forsee that this tomato can would be the next dominant Heavyweight champion in boxing.

So how do you view Lennox now after seeing what Vitali has become?

Lennox defeated the best 31 year old, prime version of Vitali, while the fighters of today struggle against the slow faded Vitali, who has lost some power. Why cant anyone repeat what Lennox did? Is the division today that bad, or was Lennox that good?

^^^Here Vitali misses the left, and looks to hold Lennox. When has Vitali ever had to hold in any fight other than sanders?
                    Since the fight with the old Lennox Vitali mostl foguht fat ****s like Williams, Peter or Arreola it is not hard to dominate theese guys if you got decent skills and are in good shape.

Vitali is neither a tomato can nor an ATG he is just a guy with decent skill and great work ethic in an era where most great athletes prefer to be a basktball or football star and the heavyweight divison is full with fat ****s like Peter or Arreola or small guys like Chambers.

Comment

After and before the fight Vitali said that he was in the best shape of his hole career.

So if you believe what LL says you have to believe what VK says too.

Unless you think VK is a liar eh?

Comment

Working...
                      X