No announcement yet.

Every Vitali win adds to the Legend of Lennox Lewis

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Every Vitali win adds to the Legend of Lennox Lewis

Since 2003, no one has been able to cut Vitali, bruise Vitali, consistently stagger him, or land as many flush shots as Lennox did in 6 rounds at the age of 37(292 days).

Most onseers saw Vitali as a tomato can with a lot of heart who was sticking it to Lennox Lewis. No one could forsee that this tomato can would be the next dominant Heavyweight champion in boxing.

So how do you view Lennox now after seeing what Vitali has become?

Lennox defeated the best 31 year old, prime version of Vitali, while the fighters of today struggle against the slow faded Vitali, who has lost some power. Why cant anyone repeat what Lennox did? Is the division today that bad, or was Lennox that good?

^^^Here Vitali misses the left, and looks to hold Lennox. When has Vitali ever had to hold in any fight other than sanders?
    Last edited by Joeyzagz; 05-29-2010, 05:43 PM.

They should have checked Lennox's gloves. Something other than leather was cutting Vitali's face. I've never seen him badly cut like that in any other fight.

And the worst cut was caused by a headbutt anyway. It should have been a TD win for Vitali, since he was ahead on all three scorecards.

Comment

nah, vitali's a complete bum remember? lewis gets zero credit for that win.

actually, since vitali won 4 rounds, lewis' legacy took a hit after that fight. lewis has no excuse for losing 4 rounds to a nobody like klitschko. the great heavyweights would've knocked vitali out in 1 round

Comment

well vitali hasnt fought any legends you see

1. holyfield
        2. toney
        3. tyson

he could fight toney. but he wont. why ?

he'll fight snowski but not toney. go figure

Comment

Lennox Lewis's legacy ain't that poor to need Vitali Klitshko, Lennox is already in my opinion a top 3 HW. Most boxing experts/fans have him in their top 10.

Comment

Originally posted by peekabooboxing View Post
            well vitali hasnt fought any legends you see

1. holyfield
            2. toney
            3. tyson

he could fight toney. but he wont. why ?

he'll fight snowski but not toney. go figure
            I want to see him fight James Toney, who would be an easier fight for Wlad though.

Comment

Originally posted by geribeetus View Post
              nah, vitali's a complete bum remember? lewis gets zero credit for that win.

actually, since vitali won 4 rounds, lewis' legacy took a hit after that fight. lewis has no excuse for losing 4 rounds to a nobody like klitschko. the great heavyweights would've knocked vitali out in 1 round
              i want ti say you are joking but this is boxingscene.

Comment

Originally posted by Apache Kid View Post
                i want ti say you are joking but this is boxingscene.
                yeah it was sarcasm. i'm actually a big fan of lennox but his nuthuggers say vitali's a bum one minute and the next minute they give ll credit for beating him. punkasses need to make up their minds

Comment

i think it's a bit of both.
                  lennox lewis was a great champion and an awesome fighter but right now the heavyweight division is in the worst state it has ever been in.
                  the fact that lennox was at his worst when he fought vitali shows you how good he was. he came in weighing the most he had ever weighed and he looked like he wasn't in great shape. however it was enough to cut up vitalis' eye real bad and towards the end of the fight he was starting to do better than vitali. but you must also consider that lennox is almost the same height as vitali.
                  vitali had a significant size and reach advantage in all of his fights after the lewis fight.

Comment

I want to see him fight James Toney, who would be an easier fight for Wlad though.
                    _________

your right. vitali likes to fight brawlers. wladimir is better against
                    boxers

they should fight him. it will be like mosley mayweather
                    toney brings his famous name to the table
                    people will watch .

it wont be boring thats for sure

Comment

Working...
                    X