Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Vitali Klitschko: Haye, Povetkin, Valuev Don't Want To Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am sure Povetkin will be a world champion one day, but he must wait until the Klitschko's are long gone.
    If I was Povetkin, I would consider that an insult.
    Last edited by Boxingwizard; 04-06-2010, 07:08 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
      The WBC heavyweight champion Vitali Klitschko told Russian news reporter, Efim Shanskiy, that he took a fight with European boxing champion Albert Sosnowski on May 29 because other potentials like Nikolai Valuev and David Haye did not want to fight. [Click Here To Read More]
      not too sure about povetkin or valuev but im sure haye wants to take on vitali

Comment

Originally posted by BritishBoxing92 View Post
        not too sure about povetkin or valuev but im sure haye wants to take on vitali
        Haye didn't want to. He's due to fight Valuev in a rematch this Summer. Vitali was looking for an opponent for May/June and the "best" available guy was Sosnowski -- a bum but the best available there is. All the others were either busy or didn't want to fight.

Valuev wanted $4 million. Vitali offered $2.5 million. Valuev didn't want to fight because he has the contract with Haye.
        Haye busy with Valuev rematch. Doesn't want to fight now, maybe next year.
        Adamek was busy with Arreola.

And the rest?

Peter. Already defeated by Vitali.
        Arreola. Already defeated by Vitali.
        Solis doesn't want to fight yet. He is working on the WBC mandatory spot so he can get a bigger split of the purse and a better contract.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Blobby View Post
          Liar, He turned down an offer from LL that his promoter said was "derisory".
          Proof? Haye said fighting the Klitschkos was not about the money recently, too, and yet he pulled out of the fight with Wlad.

Comment

Originally posted by boxingking500 View Post
            vitali speaks the truth

like i said with sosnowski.... who else is there to fight everyone is ducking vitali
            James Toney or Tony Thompson would be competitive.I highly doubt Vitali would ko Toney, ,but this time Toney would try to fight.
            Vitali is ducking Toney.
            Last edited by Juuza; 04-06-2010, 06:09 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Pirao View Post
              Proof? Haye said fighting the Klitschkos was not about the money recently, too, and yet he pulled out of the fight with Wlad.
              LENNOX LEWIS backed out of a match with Vitali Klitschko four times before finally scuppering the bout by making the Ukrainian a derisory offer, Klitschko’s promoter has claimed.

w w w .timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/article871930.ece

Comment

Originally posted by Juuza View Post
                James Toney or Tony Thompson would be competitive.I highly doubt Vitali would ko Toney, ,but this time Toney would try to fight.
                If he doesn't KO toney, he will definitely atleast knock him down a couple of times. I mean if Sam Peter who isn't as accurate as Vitali can knock down toney then I'm sure Vitali is definitely capable. Mind you I know styles make fights and Toney is in better shape then he was in that fight against Sam Peter.

Comment

Originally posted by Juuza View Post
                  Vitali is ducking Toney.
                  Toney is unknown in Germany. He is no draw in Europe.

Vitali is trying to fill up a 50,000 soccer stadium in Germany. Taking that Polish bum guarantees approx 10,000-15,000 tickets sold to Polish fans.

Comment

Originally posted by maverock View Post
                    Toney is unknown in Germany. He is no draw in Europe.

Vitali is trying to fill up a 50,000 soccer stadium in Germany. Taking that Polish bum guarantees approx 10,000-15,000 tickets sold to Polish fans.
                    So Polish fans want to see their guy taking a beating in 2 rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Blobby View Post
                      LENNOX LEWIS backed out of a match with Vitali Klitschko four times before finally scuppering the bout by making the Ukrainian a derisory offer, Klitschko’s promoter has claimed.

w w w .timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/article871930.ece

The world heavyweight champion will next meet Kirk Johnson, the Canadian, in Los Angeles on June 21, after bouts against Klitschko, the WBC’s mandatory challenger, and Mike Tyson fell through.

But Klaus-Peter Kohl, Klitschko’s promoter, said at an awards evening in New York that a deal had been signed for the match last September. “Lennox had the opportunity to fight Vitali four times,” Kohl said. “Lennox Lewis is a great fighter but he is the one who destroyed the fight against Vitali.”

Under WBC rules, a champion must face the No 1 contender every 12 months, making the bout with Klitschko due by June 8 — a year after Lewis’s last bout against Tyson. By refusing to sanction the bout against Johnson — it will only be for the little-recognised IBO title — the WBC has effectively saved itself from having to strip Lewis of the title, although negotiations with Klitschko will have to start again once Johnson is out of the way.

Johnson is as easy a challenger as Lewis could have hoped for. He was exposed in his previous challenge for a world title against John Ruiz last year, at one time being floored by a jab. Ruiz has since been outclassed by Roy Jones Jr.

Jones, the WBA champion, now seems to be Lewis’s long-term target. “We’ll just keep fighting guys until the big fight with Roy Jones comes up and I think it will happen eventually,” Emanuel Steward, Lewis’s trainer, said.

Lewis has said that he is looking to box on for another 12 months. “People are still crying out for Lennox Lewis,” he said. “I believe myself that I’ve still got one good year. There’s still some work that needs to be done and I’m the man for the job.”

Nicky and Jason Booth, the first brothers simultaneously to hold British titles since John and George Feeney 20 years ago, can look ahead to bigger things after recording impressive victories at the Harvey Hadden Centre, Nottingham, last night.

Nicky, 23, overcame a slow start to retain his British bantamweight title with a points victory over Jamie Yelland. Despite being five years younger than his opponent, Booth was the more experienced of the pair and he made that count in the middle rounds, showing the better variety of punches to give the challenger, from Watford, a thorough going-over.

Although Yelland rallied bravely in the ninth round and stood toe to toe with the champion in the eleventh, Booth ran out a handy winner.

Jason, 25, who is British flyweight champion, secured the best win of his career with an eight-round points victory over Lindi Memani, of South Africa, a former WBO title challenger.

After three unsuccessful challenges for the European title, Booth should have been boxing for the IBO super-flyweight title last night, until Lunga Ntontela, the champion, pulled out. But he secured the decision after flooring Memani with a left hook in the final round.
                      He said Lewis destroyed the fight against Klitschko, where does Klitschko's manager say that Vitali didn't accept little money?

Adress my point about Haye too, please. Is Haye lying and talking out of his ass, as usual?

Comment

Working...
                      X