<#webadvjs#>

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Morrell: I Don't Believe That I'm On Canelo's Radar Right Now; That's Just A Fact

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jab jab boom View Post
    Nice attempt to minimize Bivols domination but the truth is, canelo was outskilled and out willed more than he was outsized. Canelo has beaten bigger men before but their skill was limited and they were hesitant to let their hands go. They also let Canelo dictate the pace. Bivol didn’t. He controlled the fight with his boxing skills and refusal to allow Canelo to get the last punch in exchanges. Honestly, it looks like you’re just making excuses because I don’t see any Canelo fans saying that the main reason that he beat guys like khan and Cotto was because of his size, and in those cases he significantly outweighed both.
    The bottom line is that Canelo got beat, and he's having a hard time dealing with the loss, even stating after the fact that he won the fight.
    He is delusional, and he thinks who is, more than what he truly is, which is a very good fighter, and not invincible, # 1 pound for pound, or the greatest Mexican fighter in the history of the sport.

Comment

I don't know if Morrell can beat Beavidez, or Canelo, but don't kid yourself because he has the height, reach, youth, and power to compete with all of them.
      Although he has less than 10 fights as a professional, he has a wealth of amateur experience representing the Cuban Boxing Team, which is considered to be the best, and most successful in the world.
      garfios garfios likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Boricua181 View Post

Canelo's still has fast hands, but his legs were noticeably slower, and his stamina was compromised even more than usual.
        The added weight, and we don't know just how much he weighed when he entered the ring, appeared to weigh him down.
        Whatever the case was Bivol was a cool, calm, and collected technician in the ring with a laser focus with the job at hand.
        He must've felt some of Canelo punches, but it wasn't enough to slow, or stop his forward progress.
        Canelo didn't fight as badly as many have stated, but when Bivol had his moments they were impressive to watch.
        Bivol's resistance to punches, his fluid combination's, and his his command of movement, and distance in the fight were masterful.
        If They would've been the same height Bivol would've had to fight harder, but that doesn't mean he wouldn't have won, because he looked like he still had another gear.
        Qawi was a human dynamo in the ring, I really enjoyed watching him fight all of those tall fighters , and how he broke them down.
        I'm pretty sure it was bivol quality as a boxer than anything else. He was the same canelo that fought Kovalev, this wasn't the first time he fought at LHW, it was the first time he fought a real good fighter at that weight.

Comment

Originally posted by Sctrojan View Post

His career would come to a screeching halt if he took that big of a leap in skill from Alantez. I didn't exactly see Loma in there when I watched that fight. Let him get his feet wet with someone like Plant,Dirrell or even Uzi before you throw him in the deep end.
          Why not fight a fighter that you know, you have to be at your best? He will be the favorite against those three.

Comment

Originally posted by garfios View Post

I'm pretty sure it was bivol quality as a boxer than anything else. He was the same canelo that fought Kovalev, this wasn't the first time he fought at LHW, it was the first time he fought a real good fighter at that weight.
            You've got to bear in mind that he fought Kovalev 2 years, and 7 months ago, and he was also 7 years older than Bivol.
            All these things make a difference in a fight, that said Bivol beat Canelo at this point in time in their career's, and nothing can change that.
            So I basically agree with you garfios, and I'm actually glad that Bivol beat Canelo because of the arrogant way he carries himself.
            garfios garfios likes this.

Comment

He's huge for this weight, like à lot of SMW who are hiding from the réal competition vs LHWs, he's longer reach then Usyk, lol, he'll be finishing his career at cruisers, and yes, he has a bright future

Comment

Originally posted by garfios View Post

Why not fight a fighter that you know, you have to be at your best? He will be the favorite against those three.
                Because he's simply too inexperienced at the pro level for someone like Benavidez right now. It would be the most careless/illogical move for his promoter to pursue that fight imo. There's countless number of fighters who were hyped/heavily favored to beat an opponent that failed and failed miserably,Verdejo the most recent.

Benavidez is a huge,long,skilled,EXPERIENCED,powerful punching SM,one you shouldnt really throw your young fighter in the deep end with. He may be a favorite against a couple of the guys I mentioned but experience isn't won or gained on paper and more than likely take him the full 12 at worst. Just my opinion though so take it with a grain of salt....

Comment

Originally posted by Boricua181 View Post

You've got to bear in mind that he fought Kovalev 2 years, and 7 months ago, and he was also 7 years older than Bivol.
                  All these things make a difference in a fight, that said Bivol beat Canelo at this point in time in their career's, and nothing can change that.
                  So I basically agree with you garfios, and I'm actually glad that Bivol beat Canelo because of the arrogant way he carries himself.
                  I'm with you, the success went to his head, even thought everytime he stepped up, he was beaten, if not for some su****ious scores, he definitely would have a couple of more losses on his record. The bivol fight is an example of those crooked cards. Be safe
                  Boricua181 Boricua181 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Sctrojan View Post

Because he's simply too inexperienced at the pro level for someone like Benavidez right now. It would be the most careless/illogical move for his promoter to pursue that fight imo. There's countless number of fighters who were hyped/heavily favored to beat an opponent that failed and failed miserably,Verdejo the most recent.

Benavidez is a huge,long,skilled,EXPERIENCED,powerful punching SM,one you shouldnt really throw your young fighter in the deep end with. He may be a favorite against a couple of the guys I mentioned but experience isn't won or gained on paper and more than likely take him the full 12 at worst. Just my opinion though so take it with a grain of salt....
                    They have the same age and neither of them had fought any elite level fighter. So by your logic, Morell jr should fight lemiux next, and if he doesn't knock him out in less than three rounds, he is not ready.

Comment

Why is this Morrell fella even expect he's in anyone's radar?
                      He's been inactive, casuals don't even know he exists.
                      What's going on with this narcissistic fella? He's hardly seen in the ring
                      and he thinks he's the second coming of Hagler or something.

Comment

Working...
                      X