Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Casimero Edges Rigondeaux By Split Decision in Frustrating Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rigo did it to himself but for the whole fight I never thought that Casimero was winning the fight. Rigo overmoved in this fight and there were moments where i was surprised that he didn't let the left hand go more. With that said I think he did more than his opponent was doing. You don't score fights according to which style you like more if it is against the scoring criterias.
    But I appreciate Rigo for what he is and find some aspects of his style worth watching, like his discipline to fight his fight even if everyone is booing him, waiting for his counter left to land perfectly and I find his antics in the ring amusing.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeyG View Post
      Rigo did it to himself but for the whole fight I never thought that Casimero was winning the fight. Rigo overmoved in this fight and there were moments where i was surprised that he didn't let the left hand go more. With that said I think he did more than his opponent was doing. You don't score fights according to which style you like more if it is against the scoring criterias.
      But I appreciate Rigo for what he is and find some aspects of his style worth watching, like his discipline to fight his fight even if everyone is booing him, waiting for his counter left to land perfectly and I find his antics in the ring amusing.
      He was just too scared of the power that he kept running even when the fans are booing him. He rather survive by running than put a fight and getting KOd. Finishing the fight was his moral victory.

Comment

Originally posted by Bestlefty View Post

He was just too scared of the power that he kept running even when the fans are booing him. He rather survive by running than put a fight and getting KOd. Finishing the fight was his moral victory.
        Is that how you perceive the fight? I am not saying you are wrong because I agree with Rigo overmoving was because of Casimero to some extent but I cannot remember moment where Rigo was shooked of his power. Was it in the first round? You make it sound like Casimero put on a clinic in power punching.
        Casimero did almost nothing even when Rigo was right in front of him which he did number of times.

Comment

Can't believe there are people defending running and blaming the aggresor for not being aggressive enough. Even Pacquiao got tired of chasing Cotto and stopped in the middle of the ring. At least Cotto engaged Pacquiao, got seriously hurt twice, and realized he had no chance trading. Rigo just ran and as what people say is what he normally does.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeyG View Post
            You don't score fights according to which style you like more if it is against the scoring criterias.
            Right. I also felt Rigo lost this fight more so than Casimero winning it.

Comment

Originally posted by RGJTMMRDCMJRJSM View Post

Agree about Naoya possibly downs him. In the 12th round, Rigo land his best punch of the fight wobbled Casimero a lil bit. But for some damn reason, Casimero's best trait seems to be not getting flustered when getting hit big time. Donaire gets flustered often when you hit him clean. Casimero has Golovkin tier chin.

Would love to see Naoya down him, that would be awesome.
              Naoya mixes it up too.

He fights smart, picking the open body part instead of head hunting. Which might cause big problems for Casimero with the way he comes forward aggressively.

I'd like to see the fight as well though. Naoya vs Casimero for unification would be ideal.

Comment

Working...
              X