Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Casimero Edges Rigondeaux By Split Decision in Frustrating Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rocky_balboa23 View Post

all boxers can do what Rigo was doing which is running. But not all have the heart to dodge punches and throw the counters. Rigo was just running like chicken
    spot on Bro! Loma, Monster, Pac(younger yrs) …just a few who have the footwork and stamina to use the famous Rigo sleep-inducing style of constant running and holding. But they choose to employ their skills in a more crowd pleasing manner ….Rigo should have stayed in the amateurs if thats how he wants to fight.

rocky_balboa23 rocky_balboa23 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
      Honestly I don’t feel sorry for Rigo here, just like Lara against Canelo or Dirrell against Froch.
      I know. It's called the "Cuban" boxing style. A lot of fans and boxing judges alike are not fond of that style. It's a type of an Olympic style of boxing; With a very low punch volume and work rate, lack of engagement, avoiding exchanges and constant foot movement while counter punching your opponents in the process.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltyShrekToes View Post

Clearly you have never been a boxer, you do not cut off the ring like that with an opponent that has a counter left, that was why rigos lateral movement was always to the right. You should have listened to what Mares said that its easier said than done. Lmao people here commenting like they know ****. Rigo was not controlling the fight per se because he was not throwing enough. Casimero was the aggressor with more punch combos to body then head not to mention that rigo was the challenger to the belt.
        yeah, it’s easier said than done when your flailing around the ring trying to land shots and flying through the ropes. His attempt to go to the body to slow down his much older opponent was completely ineffective, and he didn’t have any sort of foot work which is why he couldn’t cut off the ring. Don’t act like we haven’t seen other people cut off the ring on rigo and limit his movement way more effectively than what we saw last night, and it’s inaccurate to say he was only going in one direction. It’s boxers with limited skills , such as casimero, who are made to look completely lost. You want to give casimero credit for being the aggressor while at the same time saying he was scared to get hit by the left. What good is being the aggressor if you aren’t effective whatsoever? Rigo did what he planned on doing which was box and use the ring, Casimero failed to do what he wanted to do which was make it a fight.

Szef Szef likes this.

Comment

Glad that the "other guy" won, this Rigo character was literrally running second half of the might, i mean running .... First he quit against Loma when he realised he is gona get
          embarrassed. This time around after first knocked down he realised he better run all fight to stay alive. Get him out of here !
          Last edited by MrShakeAndBake; 08-15-2021, 11:00 AM.

Comment

iv heard of rigo for years it the first time i actually watched him, he is a joke if thats the way he boxes and i hope they never put him on a main event again he doesnt deserve it this is not boxing and this is not cuban boxing, iv never seen a cuban box like that, he was scared , does anyone know if this is how he boxes or was something up last night, but i dont ever want to try google him fighting

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Haymon View Post
              Bumriel Casimero could barely get past a senior citizen. Inoue kills him.
              I bet Inoue couldn't do anything with way Rigo fought tonight. It was pathetic. Rigo is a waste of people's money.

Comment

Once he tasted the power of Casimero in the 1st round, which I think was a knockdown.l, he was fighting scared from there. I have never seen him fought as scared like that before.
                siablo14 siablo14 likes this.

Comment

Thank God it’s Over! Nobody will fight Rigo anymore. No Promoter will risk spending $$ for him. Just retire Rigo! You won’t be Missed.

Comment

Ok, give it to Casimere but Rigo really outpointed him. It stunk, the way we like boxing. He should have went toe-to-toe with the young slugger at 40yrs old. Rigo’s game is confuse his opponent then hit and not be hit & he did a great job of it at the age of 40. Don’t like his style but shouldn’t be penalized for not fighting his opponents fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Dle View Post
                      Ok, give it to Casimere but Rigo really outpointed him. It stunk, the way we like boxing. He should have went toe-to-toe with the young slugger at 40yrs old. Rigo’s game is confuse his opponent then hit and not be hit & he did a great job of it at the age of 40. Don’t like his style but shouldn’t be penalized for not fighting his opponents fight.
                      Rigo's style was not penalized. Context matters. Casimero is the champion. Rigo is the challenger. Judges ALWAYS give the champions the benefit of the doubt over the challenger. Hence, it's the burden of the challenger to bring the fight to the champion to show that he actually wants to win the belt on the line.

Rigo didn't do any of that.

It's different from the Nonito fight because Rigo and Nonito were both champions.

Rigo would've won if he was the champion.

Comment

Working...
                      X