Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jose Pedraza Breaks Down, Stops Julian Rodriguez in Eight Rounds

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comments Thread For: Jose Pedraza Breaks Down, Stops Julian Rodriguez in Eight Rounds

Jose Pedraza knocked off a younger, undefeated fighter Saturday night to remain in contention for a junior welterweight title shot. Puerto Rico's Pedraza out-boxed Julian Rodriguez and won their scheduled 10-rounder by technical knockout when Rodriguez declined to leave his corner to start the ninth round. The experienced Puerto Rican veteran defended himself well, effectively used his jab to keep the powerful Rodriguez out of punching range and caused severe swelling under Rodriguez's left eye.
    [Click Here To Read More]
    Last edited by BIGPOPPAPUMP; 06-12-2021, 09:49 PM.

Great win for Pedraza, a lot of people underestimated him, but he came thru with a TKO win.

Comment

Nice to see that undefeated b!tch lose his zero after he went past acceptable sht talking before the fight.

Comment

Pedraza has been outclassing all the opponents that they put in front of him with decent, undefeated records. It's time to give him an opportunity to fight for a title. He's shown he has the skills and experience to compete at world class level. Would love to see him against someone like Ramirez or Postol or even a rematch against Zepeda who had a not so good performance in his last fight. I guess Zepeda goes next and Pedraza can definitely win that fight.
        Damn Wicked Damn Wicked likes this.

Comment

Rodriguez fought like a real shyt, he's not at this level. Good victory for Pedraza, he made me lose money

Comment

Been saying 140 is Pedraza's division, shouldn't have had his 1st fight at 140 against Zepeda but oh well he's good now

Comment

Good to see Pedraza get this. He's a very enjoyable fighter to watch ply his craft. Red flags were up when Rodriguez came in heavy and this was an example that there are levels to boxing. He has heavy hands but Sniper's movement and punch selection were damn near sublime.
              landotter landotter likes this.

Comment

Julian is really not that good. And his so called "heavy hands" is overrated.

Sid-Knee Sid-Knee likes this.

Comment

Things I miss going to weddings....

I like Pedraza. Do not think I would have called this one correctly if I had picked, but boxing is better off with Pedraza a factor in this division.

Comment

Not surprised Pedraza won but I am kind of surprised at the method in which he won. Nice to see the boxer stopping the powerpuncher even if it cost me an extra chunk of profits tonight.

I said it before and I'll say it again. Rodriguez failing to make weight seems like a common issue. His resume is littered with weird catchweight type 141-143 pound fights. Commentary mentions him coming in overweight by maybe 3 lbs in his fight against Filipino journeyman Doronio. If he can't make weight for a journeyman OR an ex champion then when's he gonna have the motivation to make weight? Weight bully doing it wrong? I don't get it...
                    Last edited by YoungManRumble; 06-13-2021, 12:45 AM.
                    Castilo Castilo likes this.

Comment

Working...
                    X