Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

whose the bird in your sig with the blue bikini on

Comment

Originally posted by Domain View Post
      the only way to really beat tony is to out work him and give him angles ala Paul williams you have to throw combos and slip to the side and throw again and get out of the way.

Agreed on giving Tony angles. Disagreed on outworking him. I think you beat Tony with a low-activity fight.

Comment

yeah I dont think it will take alot of activity to beat tony.People seem to forget Cotto has alot of power too.

Comment

I believe a lot of people willl be surprised at how Cotto will control the fight with just boxing and moving. Cotto's skills, abilities, & experience will shine and the disparity of skills between a great fighter and a good fighter should be shown in this fight. I say should be because anything can happen in boxing and Margarito could land something but I honestly believe Cotto will outclass Tony. As far as height is concerned Cotto fought Cesar Bazan who is as tall as Margarito and he man handled Bazan early in his career. I don't think height will be a factor in this fight especially since Margarito doesn't fight tall when he stalks his opponents and doesn't use the jab as often as he should. Margarito throws many punches but when opponents are boxing him he doesn't have the ability to continuously set himself and then throw those punches. Targets that are stationary infront of him such as Cintron is where Margarito excells but Cotto is always moving in and out and from side to side digging his way into his opponents, which is why Tony will have a tough time trying to connect in this fight. What makes this fight intriguing is that both fighters are offensive minded and continuously throw punches throughout the rounds. With such big punchers anything can happen. But my money is on Cotto either by late stoppage or UD.

Comment

Originally posted by Primal Instinx View Post
            I believe a lot of people willl be surprised at how Cotto will control the fight with just boxing and moving. Cotto's skills, abilities, & experience will shine and the disparity of skills between a great fighter and a good fighter should be shown in this fight. I say should be because anything can happen in boxing and Margarito could land something but I honestly believe Cotto will outclass Tony. As far as height is concerned Cotto fought Cesar Bazan who is as tall as Margarito and he man handled Bazan early in his career. I don't think height will be a factor in this fight especially since Margarito doesn't fight tall when he stalks his opponents and doesn't use the jab as often as he should. Margarito throws many punches but when opponents are boxing him he doesn't have the ability to continuously set himself and then throw those punches. Targets that are stationary infront of him such as Cintron is where Margarito excells but Cotto is always moving in and out and from side to side digging his way into his opponents, which is why Tony will have a tough time trying to connect in this fight. What makes this fight intriguing is that both fighters are offensive minded and continuously throw punches throughout the rounds. With such big punchers anything can happen. But my money is on Cotto either by late stoppage or UD.
            True

Margarito is not even a p4p top 10 fighter and he is built up on hype.

Cotto has faced way way way better competition then Margarito as well people keep forgetting that.

Comment

Originally posted by DIOS DOMINICANO View Post
              Agreed on giving Tony angles. Disagreed on outworking him. I think you beat Tony with a low-activity fight.
              Paul Williams disagrees.

Comment

Working...
              X