The Friday Night Fights Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
    David Greisman ‏@fightingwords2 45s
    Next week, Friday Night Fights is going to bring in C.J. Ford to talk about proper judging.

Comment

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
      David Greisman ‏@fightingwords2 45s
      Next week, Friday Night Fights is going to bring in C.J. Ford to talk about proper judging.
      Lol...perfect.

Comment

"Ya gotta put bugs, on the windshield."

Comment

Does anyone know how much these fighters are making tonight? I want to have an idea of the type of purses FNF fighters are making.

Comment

Originally posted by Golovkin View Post
            Does anyone know how much these fighters are making tonight? I want to have an idea of the type of purses FNF fighters are making.
            I would guess for this current fight, under 80k. For all I know its actually 15k

Comment

I thought that was an actual commercial and teddy had oppened a delorean dealership for some bizarre reason lol

Comment

Originally posted by SlySlickSmooth View Post
                I would guess for this current fight, under 80k. For all I know its actually 15k
                Espn license fee is like 25k tops per show, I think these days. For really special fights they might pony up more $, but it's rare.

Raheem and this other dude are making pretty short $, maybe a few thiusand each. it's possible if they have a sponsor, or a special deal with there promoter, they get some more $.

Some of the high end prospects will get deals where they get nice paychecks per fight no matter how small the show. But these two aren't getting anything like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Golovkin View Post
                  Not much.....only championship fights usually make decent money.... i mean it's decent for the network they're fighting on I guess

Here are some articles on some FNF purses

2011 January 7 - ESPN 2 Friday Night Fights

Mauricio Herrera ($8,500) UD-12 Ruslan Provodnikov ($10,000)
                  Demetrius Andrade ($8,000) UD-8 Albert Herrera ($6,500)
                  Lonnie Smith ($800) KO-1 Jose Gomez ($1,800)
                  Harry Namauu ($2,000) UD-6 Manuel Otero ($1,500)
                  Richard Contreras ($1,200) KO-1 Juan Tepoz ($1,200)
                  Oscar Andrade ($1,200) UD-4 Deth'Marcus Hall ($1,200)
                  Jesus Gutierrez ($1,200) NC Franky Martinez ($1,200)

Total Payouts: $46,300

Old fights, but gives you an idea

Comment

With these payouts, you gotta wonder just how tough the boxers were during the Great Depression.

Comment

Originally posted by SlySlickSmooth View Post
                      With these payouts, you gotta wonder just how tough the boxers were during the Great Depression.
                      Man, I was watching a fight with Jack Dempsey and a dude got knocked down like 6 times. Clearly hurt every single time, but the ref was just like, go ahead get up
                      Last edited by Hougigo; 01-10-2014, 10:23 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X