Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Friday Night Fights Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That was a slip? Looked like he hopped backwards, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
      Man, I was watching a fight with Jack Dempsey and a dude got knocked down like 6 times. Clearly hurt every single time, but the ref was just like, go ahead get up
      Found it...

Comment

Originally posted by SlySlickSmooth View Post
        I would guess for this current fight, under 80k. For all I know its actually 15k
        Originally posted by AddiX View Post
        Espn license fee is like 25k tops per show, I think these days. For really special fights they might pony up more $, but it's rare.

Raheem and this other dude are making pretty short $, maybe a few thiusand each. it's possible if they have a sponsor, or a special deal with there promoter, they get some more $.

Some of the high end prospects will get deals where they get nice paychecks per fight no matter how small the show. But these two aren't getting anything like that.
        Not much.....only championship fights usually make decent money.... i mean it's decent for the network they're fighting on I guess

Here are some articles on some FNF purses

2011 January 7 - ESPN 2 Friday Night Fights

Mauricio Herrera ($8,500) UD-12 Ruslan Provodnikov ($10,000)
        Demetrius Andrade ($8,000) UD-8 Albert Herrera ($6,500)
        Lonnie Smith ($800) KO-1 Jose Gomez ($1,800)
        Harry Namauu ($2,000) UD-6 Manuel Otero ($1,500)
        Richard Contreras ($1,200) KO-1 Juan Tepoz ($1,200)
        Oscar Andrade ($1,200) UD-4 Deth'Marcus Hall ($1,200)
        Jesus Gutierrez ($1,200) NC Franky Martinez ($1,200)

Total Payouts: $46,300

Old fights, but gives you an idea
        Really appreciate the information guys. Thanks a lot.

Comment

I think a new rule should be if a promoter tries to bring back zahir Raheem, he should be banned from the sport.

Why the f am I watching Raheem on tv right now?

And next week, there giving me Muriqi. What year is it?

Comment

Lean, mean, grilling machine!

Comment

Please take that fucking crown off that guy's head....

Comment

Man, I was watching a fight with Jack Dempsey and a dude got knocked down like 6 times. Clearly hurt every single time, but the ref was just like, go ahead get up
                Back then there was no standing 8 count sometimes guys would tackle each other get up as fast as they could to resume beating the crap off each other and referees would just be there looking at the **** lol . I love watching those fights.

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
                Please take that fucking crown off that guy's head....
                Hey he just beat a top 5 thousand contender respect the man lol

Comment

Hurry up and match Ruslan and Pac so they can actually start promoting.
                  Give Bradley the money he wants to go with Provo

Comment

Originally posted by DannYankee09 View Post
                    Back then there was no standing 8 count sometimes guys would tackle each other get up as fast as they could to resume beating the crap off each other and referees would just be there looking at the **** lol . I love watching those fights.
                    It was rough watching that.... Dempsey just sitting there and waiting to whoop dat ass while the guy is trying to figure out why this guy is attacking him

Comment

I have a feeling Vicente might be to small for Rodriguez at 130. But this guy did lose to Dib so who knows.

Comment

Working...
                      X