No announcement yet.

The Friday Night Fights Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
    WTF? I just looked up that Ricky Spain dude and his record on that night was 7-0 but if you check his boxrec he finished his career 2-23... How the hell?

Posted from krikya360.com App for Android
    If it smells like fish...

Comment

Originally posted by torosboxing75 View Post
      The only reason he layed on the ropes is because Usmanee couldn't land anything affective most of the time. Mendez landed more power shots, cleaner power shots and with more power. What more do you want.
      Skilful fighters can keep pressure fighters from fixing them on the ropes as much as Mendez was on the ropes here. A number of these rounds he allowed himself to be there and have Usmanee punch and punch and punch, Usmanee missed a lot but also landed and Mendez only landed clean intermittently. It should not be a surprise that the judges had it a draw, as I have said Usmanee won points for ring generalship on most of the rounds. Mendez fought a poor fight although I did have it 115-113 Mendez, a draw however was a perfectly respectable interpretation of the fight. If I had given Usmanee the 10th or 11th, rounds which were very close, then I would not have scored it for Mendez.
      Last edited by Humean; 08-23-2013, 10:37 PM.

Comment

• Originally Posted by mathed View Post
        Arash Usmanee by Decision +900
        Risk
        US$ 5.00
        To Win
        US$ 45.00
        Your reference number is # 303677618

Draw +2200
        Risk
        US$ 1.00
        To Win
        US$ 22.00
        Your reference number is # 303677620

Over 7?(-170)
        Over Rounds vs. Under Rounds
        Risk
        US$ 10.00
        To Win
        US$ 5.88
        Your reference number is # 303677619

Usmanee just bought me lunch

Comment

• Originally posted by Humean View Post
          Skilful fighters can keep pressure fighters from fixing them on the ropes as much as Mendez was on the ropes here. A number of these rounds he allowed himself to be there and have Usmanee punch and punch and punch, Usmanee missed a lot but also landed and Mendez only landed clean intermittently. It should not be a surprise that the judges had it a draw, as I have said Usmanee won points for ring generalship on most of the rounds. Mendez fought a poor fight although I did have it 115-113 Mendez, a draw however was a perfectly respectable interpretation of the fight. If I had given Usmanee the 10th or 11th, rounds which were very close, then I would not have scored it for Mendez.
          It's a shame that more people don't take into account the science of the sport. Mendez is clearly a fighter that needs distance to be most effective and likes to counter the opponent. Usmanee took away the distance most of the fight and forced Mendez to fight "his fight". I know it may not count for much and Mendez did make adjustments, to the point where he was effective but he was taken out of his element. When you make someone fight your fight, that counts for something, in my book at least......it IS a scoring criteria after all.

Comment

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
            What? Mendez beat the **** out of Usmanee.

Posted from krikya360.com App for Android
            I had it 115-113 Mendez and I don't see how to score the fight for Usmanee, but Mendez didn't beat the **** out of Usmanee or even dominate. He spent about 2 minutes of every round with his back on the ropes landing some shots and getting hit with some shots, and every now and then he'd put together flashy and accurate combos that didn't seem to hurt Usmanee, but at least racked up points.

Comment

I think there were enough close rounds for there to be a draw. The difference between the ESPN (the fans, not Teddy's) scorecard and the judges was that they give the last two rounds to Mendez.
              Last edited by kiaba360; 08-23-2013, 10:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Humean View Post
                I disagree I think Mendez was smart not running around because fighters like Usmanee need you to run to be affective. The way I see it Mendez beat him at his own game. Mendez stayed in the pocket, rolled with his punches and landed clean counters all night.

Comment

There's no way a judge should have had the fight for Usmanee

Comment

Usmanee should have not even been fighting for a title bacause he lost his last fight. This makes me sick.

"If you lose you will get a title shot and the guy that beat you only gets to watch."

Why is easier to get a title shot now if you lose?

Comment

This was the Friday Night Fight's season Finale? That sucks, it is only August!
                      I will not turn on ESPN2 til boxing is on again! FOX1 here I come!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X