Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Friday Night Fights Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well yea Gesta is reckless so what I said about Magdelano and Fortuna doubly applies to Gesta who is further into in his development.

He is inconsistent also, which makes that recklessness even worse when faced with a tough opponent.

Comment

the guy sucks and he want to figth Bam Bam and Titare gtfo . he needs alot of work. at this point i dont even see this bum beating Zapa

Comment

Damn. Tough crowd. Won every round with the exception of one and demolished dude to finish it. Call me crazy but I'd guess that he is going to consider tonight a success.

Was he spectacular? For the most part, nah. But he got the job done. Does he have flaws? Yes, yes he does. Maybe even lots of them. But again, he got the job done. Is he the next Manny Pacquiao? Lmao, fuuuuk no. He'll never be. But he's a young, somewhat promising prospect. Tonight wasn't a bad night for the guy.

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
          Well yea Gesta is reckless so what I said about Magdelano and Fortuna doubly applies to Gesta who is further into in his development.

He is inconsistent also, which makes that recklessness even worse when faced with a tough opponent.
          I can agree with this. But let's not forget Gesta has no amateur background so the process with him, even tho he's older, might take a little longer.

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
            I can agree with this. But let's not forget Gesta has no amateur background so the process with him, even tho he's older, might take a little longer.
            That is possible, but I don't see them waiting around. He better be real tough if he expects to make any waves as he is currently.

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
              That is possible, but I don't see them waiting around. He better be real tough if he expects to make any waves as he is currently.
              With some kickboxing background (altho he was young) I would expect some type of toughness for sure. Like I said, if he wants to make good progress he needs to dump his corner.

Comment

Gesta looked alright...tried too ****in hard to look good on ESPN and was a one dimensional head hunter tonight

that Magdaleno kid...NOW that is what i wanna see more of

kid came out lookin to decapitate his opponent...loved the explosion and intensity...put him back on

Comment

I thought he was too stationary, this could, in part, be because of his converted stance. He has to work the body more as well, but he does seem to have solid power in either hand, which is a good thing especially for a converted fighter (many of whom often lack the kind of respectable power in their backhand)...albeit he's not facing very stiff competition.

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
                    It's a good win for him but he's not ready. Put him in there vs Beltran and see how he does.
                    i'd like to see that fight.

gesta impressed me physically. he looked faster and stronger than i remembered. that's where he stopped impressing me.

he had issues with a guy who is nowhere near the world class. i dont see any reason to think he'll even be competitive with a top fighter. ever

get him in there with a top dog and he should get knocked out. that's the way it has always been and should be.

Comment

Darley Perez vs. Bahodir Mamadjonov
                      Chris Avalos vs. Yenifel Vicente

leggo

Comment

Working...
                      X