No announcement yet.

Who Can Beat Joe Calzaghe?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who Can Beat Joe Calzaghe?

Video from Friday Night Fights before the Hopkins vs Calzaghe fight was officially announced. I have a similar view as super middleweight Allan Green who refuses to pick the outright winner or place a bet in a hypothetical scenario, seeing it as a genuine 50/50 clash.

| |

Comment

would the money be big enough for calzaghe to want to fight woods?
      i mean unless its a tuneup.
      Last edited by STEELHEAD; 02-14-2008, 02:52 AM.

Comment

The guys with the best chance of beating Calzaghe would have to be Hopkins, Jones, and Dawson.

Comment

Allan Green does a good job commentating and giving analyses.

I agree with TopDawg, those three have the best chance.

Comment

I don't think Jones has it in him anymore. Maybe back in his prime, but now, even with a win over an old tito, RJJ would be slapped silly by Calzag.

Comment

Originally posted by TopDawg View Post
              The guys with the best chance of beating Calzaghe would have to be Hopkins, Jones, and Dawson.
              I think both BH and RJJ get tore up by Calzaghe. I think Dawson is still too inexperienced to deal with Calzaghe. By the time dawson is ready to fight JC he;ll be retired.

It looks to me like Calzaghe will retire undefeated and go down as the best SMW of all time, and an ATG.

Comment

Originally posted by MizzzouMan View Post
                Maybe back in his prime? Are you f'in kiddin me. Jones would stomp his ***** ass. Pavlik would knock the little ho out.
                Pavlik would be brutally schooled by calzaghe

i hope this fight happens at 168. Pavlik is far too SLOW to compete with joe. Calzaghes footwork and handspeed would win him an easy UD

Comment

Working...
                X