No announcement yet.

James Toney Dream Fights

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

James Toney Dream Fights

So, I’m a bit of a James Toney fan. But one thing I have to gripe about is that there were several world class middleweight and super middleweight boxers that he never ended up fighting. I’m assuming that the timing was just never right, but that’s besides the point. So, I wanna share a bunch of James Toney fantasy fight ideas. I wanna hear your opinions on each fight. How do you think it will go? Who do you think will win? But most of all, I want to know which one you would be most excited to see and why?

James Toney vs. Bernard Hopkins
    James Toney vs. Chris Eubank
    James Toney vs. Nigel Benn
    James Toney vs. Gerald McClellan

What weight?

Toney would have fought all these guys in fairness. For all his flaws a ducker he certainly was not.

Anyway;

Hopkins beats Toney via UD (Shut out)

Toney beats Eubank via SD

Toney beats Benn via UD

McClellan beats Toney via UD
    The Old LefHook The Old LefHook likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
      What weight?

Toney would have fought all these guys in fairness. For all his flaws a ducker he certainly was not.

Anyway;

Hopkins beats Toney via UD (Shut out)

Toney beats Eubank via SD

Toney beats Benn via UD

McClellan beats Toney via UD
      To answer your question, it would be either middle or super middleweight in all scenarios as I implied.
      Interesting you don’t imagine any knockouts happening in any of these matchups. I could understand not seeing Toney getting knocked out, he was so solid defensively after all. He rarely ever got hit cleanly.
      But I can certainly imagine Toney stopping Benn and maybe knocking down Eubank.
      Last edited by Flickergrab98; 01-13-2022, 06:22 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Flickergrab98 View Post

To answer your question, it would be either middle or super middleweight in all scenarios as I implied.
        Interesting you don’t imagine any knockouts happening in any of these matchups. I could understand not seeing Toney getting knocked out, he was so solid defensively after all. He rarely ever got hit cleanly.
        But I can certainly imagine Toney stopping stopping Benn and maybe knocking down Eubank.
        Toney's not getting stopped because of his chin, not his defense. Whilst his defense is good he's not the hardest guy to hit.

There's no way he knocks out Hopkins, Eubank or McClellan.

I guess I could see him stopping Benn but I also find that unlikely.

I could easily see him losing all 4 of these fights aswell.

Comment

Toney's not getting stopped because of his chin, not his defense. Whilst his defense is good he's not the hardest guy to hit.

There's no way he knocks out Hopkins, Eubank or McClellan.

I guess I could see him stopping Benn but I also find that unlikely.

I could easily see him losing all 4 of these fights aswell.
          Which fight interests you the most, out of curiosity?

Comment

Originally posted by Flickergrab98 View Post

Which fight interests you the most, out of curiosity?
            Stylistically probably Benn.

Comment

I actually wanted to see him an Calzaghe at one time and him and Hopkins, which was actually in talks more than once.

Comment

Stylistically probably Benn.
                Benn would definitely make the matchup exciting. His punch output will be greater, but he’ll be giving Toney openings to sneak in some awesome counters in the process. Might be somewhat similar to his fight against Vassily Jirov.

Comment

Originally posted by markusmod View Post
                  I actually wanted to see him an Calzaghe at one time and him and Hopkins, which was actually in talks more than once.
                  I can see it happening with Toney and Hopkins. But for Calzaghe, his time at middle and super middleweight were way past James Toney’s. Still, it’d be a good fight, probably. It would be kind of crazy if Toney somehow managed to pull off a win at that age, something neither Eubank, Jones or even Hopkins could do against Calzaghe.

Comment

- - Two Ton when he moved to heavy vs Butterbean in a 4 rounder.

Tua at any time, any distance.

Comment

Working...
                    X