No announcement yet.

Fight Night Champion:Stamina Management

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fight Night Champion:Stamina Management

Last edited by smokey559; 01-15-2011, 09:04 AM.

Damn, I saw a few things I really didn't like there.

When they land a punch, it sounds like an 80's action movie.

Slow motion replays are still there.... they got boring a few games ago.

Pre animated knockdowns again...

And is it slower?

Comment

Originally posted by Mersey View Post
      Damn, I saw a few things I really didn't like there.

When they land a punch, it sounds like an 80's action movie.

Slow motion replays are still there.... they got boring a few games ago.

Pre animated knockdowns again...

And is it slower?
      Exactly. Man I don't think I can do it anymore, it doesn't seem like they really progress at all. This may be the first fight night that I don't buy.

Comment

0:33 into the second video, the punch doesn't hardly touch his face

Comment

Yeah I'm not touching this one, looks like fight night 4.255555 rather than fnc. Same ****, nothing really enticing about this game which is really sad.

Comment

Hagler getting Knocked down by Winky sickens me.

j/k

Comment

looks garbage.. but hey I'll probably buy it...

Comment

Yea I'll wait till it's like 19.99 I had hope but now it looks like it was for nothing the punches still look weak. How in the hell is both guys getting hit by hook after hook and keep coming forward? And on top of that no reaction to the punches. Same weak countering system, and all the fighters fight the same.

Comment

Here are the video's in context:

In Quick Clip #3 below, I put together two clips with the first 35 seconds showing me spamming Marvin Hagler’s jab over and over along with other punches pretty much in a non-stop manner without much defense. Again, this is WHAT NOT TO DO! This will temporarily tire out the stamina in your arms (left, right, or both) pretty quickly and will also have an effect on the max stamina or endurance that you will be able to recover over time. As you can see in the second half of the QC #3, Marvin ain’t looking so Marvelous and is pretty gassed by the 5th round, while Winky Wright is still fairly fresh and has no trouble putting my tired butt onto the canvas.

In the rematch highlighted in Quick Clip #4 below, I do a little better managing Hagler’s punches using my block, throwing combos, and weaving to avoid punches. You’ll also notice at the end of the 2nd round that my stamina recovers 10% as I managed my work around the ring better than Wright who punched quite a bit during the round and gained only a couple of stamina percentage points back. In the 10th, my stamina management is rewarded with a Marvelous knockdown that Winky is unable to pop open his eyes from.

Comment

I read the punch detection is still off in this build of the game, which is why winky gets knocked down from a punch that doesn't really land. That type of stuff SHOULD be ironed out by the time the game is released (one would hope!).

There are some good things and some bad things from those video's.

One bad thing is the lighting is dark. The person who made the video's stated that there are many different venues, and each venue has different lighting and in those two video's they used the venue with the darkest lighting. So that's a bit of good news to learn not all venues will be that dark.

Punch detection is the other thing obviously that needs to be fixed.

The sound of the punches I would like to be improved.

Some of the stuff as far as gameplay is just too hard to tell based on less than two minutes of video because for the majority of it he was purposely trying to suck to show how stamina is effected.

This blogger is supposedly going to release more video's in the upcoming days/weeks so hopefully he gives us longer videos and video's of actually good gameplay not purposely sucking and spamming.

Comment

Working...
                    X