Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Plant: No Doubt In My Mind In Due Time That I'll Be On Pound-For-Pound List

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plant is very good - but I just don't see him reaching that status at all when the dust settles at 160. Too much competition for him to stand atop the division.

Comment

Originally posted by Oldskoolg View Post
      Who’s the better win? Fielding, Yldirim, Smith, or Truax?
      What a pitiful question

Comment

Smith is the better win, even though yes, it did look like he was intimidated and tentative, by Canelo can do that to an opponent.

I think Canelo's best win was a close but clear victory, in my opinion, in the Golovkin rematch.

Comment

Smith, by a hundred miles. Very bold to even hint at comparing Plant's record to Canelo's.

Comment

The best win on Plants resume is Uzcategui, and the champion version of him that plant fought is probably at least 50/50 with the version of Smith that Canelo fought, considering the 4 weeks notice and drubbing he got from Ryder in his previous fight.

Comment

Originally posted by rrayvez View Post
              The best win on Plants resume is Uzcategui, and the champion version of him that plant fought is probably at least 50/50 with the version of Smith that Canelo fought, considering the 4 weeks notice and drubbing he got from Ryder in his previous fight.
              Just be honest, ask yourself this question and answer it will all the honesty you can.

If both guys were to fight next, ¿Who would you think would be the favorite on the betting odds?

If that Uzcategui who fought Plant would've challenged the Smith who won the WBSS, ¿Who would you think would've been the favorite on the betting odds?

50/50 imho no, more like 70/30 in favor of Smith, that's just my humble opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by richardt View Post
                Plant is very good - but I just don't see him reaching that status at all when the dust settles at 160. Too much competition for him to stand atop the division.
                160? You probably mean 168 instead

Comment

Originally posted by Liondw View Post
                  Smith is the better win, even though yes, it did look like he was intimidated and tentative, by Canelo can do that to an opponent.

I think Canelo's best win was a close but clear victory, in my opinion, in the Golovkin rematch.
                  I thought Canelo beat golovkin in the rematch but clearly lost the first match. I don’t think the 2nd fight was a comfortable points win.
                  By the way, I don’t hold Smith above Truax. Smith has literally done nothing to impress me

Comment

Originally posted by Joeboxeo View Post
                    160? You probably mean 168 instead
                    168, correct.

Comment

He shouldn't feel any other way.

Comment

Working...
                      X