No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Willie Savannah, Houston Boxing Legend, Dies at Age 85

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comments Thread For: Willie Savannah, Houston Boxing Legend, Dies at Age 85

Willie Savannah, a stalwart of the Houston boxing scene as a gym owner, trainer and manager, who discovered Juan Diaz and led him to the unified lightweight world title, died on Sunday. He was 85.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Unexpected sad news

I feel sad that Willie Savannah had suffer with these dialysis thing before pulling the plug. Willie Savannah you don't have regrets, you archive all your dreams and thanks to your family, your legacy is going to live inside of all people who enter your Gym and going to receive your blessing. Rest In Peace and my respects. My well wishes and goodness to Willie Savannah family, I feel empathy for your huge loss, may yours life turn around for the good.
    Last edited by Dasmius Shinobi; 07-26-2020, 09:44 PM. Reason: Corrections

Comment

RIP Willie Savannah.

Didn't know he trained Ronnie Shields.

Comment

Rest in peace Willie Savannah.

You have done so much for the Houston boxing community. Especially in the SW side of town keeping kids off the streets, myself included.

Though you may never get the recognition you deserve outside of the city, you will forever have a place in Houston boxing history. Only few will know the talent that has passed through that gym.
        Last edited by Tails; 07-27-2020, 04:43 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X