Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Eleider Alvarez: I Was Too Focused on KO, I Want Kovalev Trilogy

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree 100%

Comment

What the heck.....prove to Alvy, AGAIN, that the 1st fight was indeed a fluke (because we need to see it, AGAIN ).

Comment

No need. Same fight, same outcome

Comment

Originally posted by whatismyname View Post
          No need. Same fight, same outcome
          Exactly

Alvy was easily being out boxed in the 1st fight.
          Alvy went for the ko and got handled rather easily.

What options are left for him ? Accidentally score another late rd ko ?

Comment

Sure, why not trilogy, they have 1-1 in wins.

BTW, Kovalev`s win is masterpiece.

Comment

Alvarez was going to get 1 million dollars minimum. if he kept the belt and sure didn't fight like it. He hurt Kovalev with the jab, he hurt Kovalev withy body shots... but then just goes for the straight punch all fight. also Kovalev didn't put power on his shots until the late rounds boring fight but I knew if Kovalev tried to win a decision and not go for the KO he could win on points. and it's weird that Alvarez and his team didn't have a plan B. Alvarez was only 2 rounds away from keeping his belt but only went for the KO... rematch would be boring and Kovalev may be on borrowed time. get the most money he can I think he has only 1 or 2 more fights vs the A level

Comment

they could rematch if kovalev loses again to another champion. but it's funny to think the person going for the KO lost both fights.

Comment

Kovalev doesn't give him a third match, at this point...

Comment

If there was no other options id be for this, the thing is - there is other options for Kov

Comment

Some guys know how to win championship fights, but don't know how to be a champ. He blew his shot last weekend, now he has to go to the back of the line and wait his turn again...hopefully it won't be another 5 years.

Now, everybody wants a piece of Kovalev because he's been compromised and clearly isn't the same fighter, but he has a title. I'm guessing the other LHW fighters are itching to get in with him to see who can KO him better than Alvarez.

Comment

Working...
                      X