Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Uzcategui: Dirrell, Uncle Couldn't Hurt Me; Incident is in Past

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comments Thread For: Uzcategui: Dirrell, Uncle Couldn't Hurt Me; Incident is in Past

NEW YORK Jose Uzcategui isn't seeking vengeance for the sucker punches he took nine months ago. The super middleweight contender even joked Thursday during an interview with krikya360.com that neither Andre Dirrell nor his uncle/former trainer, Leon Lawson Jr., could hurt him during and after their first fight. The forgiving fighter doesn't hold Dirrell in any way accountable for his uncle's ugly actions following their May 20 bout in Oxon Hill, Maryland.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Mature response from a real fighter. You keyboard warriors take notice. That sucker punch was uncalled for and Uncle Leon should have been punished harsher but if Uzcategui can forgive and forget then so can you keyboard thugs

Comment

Originally posted by THEFRESHBRAWLER View Post
      Mature response from a real fighter. You keyboard warriors take notice. That sucker punch was uncalled for and Uncle Leon should have been punished harsher but if Uzcategui can forgive and forget then so can you keyboard thugs
      The whole family is a POS! From soccer flopping Andre trying to start his acting career to his Brother who was fighting with the fans in the stands to his shty sucker punching uncle to always CLASSLESS Clarissa Shields "Im proud UNC!"... Whole family aint right.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
        The whole family is a POS! From soccer flopping Andre trying to start his acting career to his Brother who was fighting with the fans in the stands to his shty sucker punching uncle to always CLASSLESS Clarissa Shields "Im proud UNC!"... Whole family aint right.
        Preach! We don't normally agree on things but this I can agree with you on. The guy had no choice but to forgive, otherwise his career was going to get derailed.

Comment

Originally posted by turnedup View Post
          Preach! We don't normally agree on things but this I can agree with you on. The guy had no choice but to forgive, otherwise his career was going to get derailed.
          You know whats really sad is Andre Dirrell used to be my favorite fighter and was the last guy to beat GGG. He kept wanting to get up but his brother kept telling him to stay down. If you watched he did that like 3-4 times. Im all for family supporting you but when they start messing with your $$$ its time to go.

His entire family was classless that night! His uncle, brother, and i dont know if other brother or cousin but he was fighting the fans also with Anthony. Those are distractions a professional at this level cant have...

Comment

I hope Andre Dirrell redeems himself by beating the brakes off Uzcategui this time.

He certainly has the talent to do it. Just has to come into the ring with a tougher, no BS, warrior mindset.

Comment

Is everyone forgetting that Uzcategui was hitting after the bell MULTIPLE times? Dirrell was the one who was sucker punched at various points throughout the fight. Not that anyone should condone it but theres a reason why his uncle snuffed dude at the end of the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by dorruel2.0 View Post
                Is everyone forgetting that Uzcategui was hitting after the bell MULTIPLE times? Dirrell was the one who was sucker punched at various points throughout the fight. Not that anyone should condone it but theres a reason why his uncle snuffed dude at the end of the fight.
                He didnt snuff anyone. Dirrell needs to handle his own business in the ring instead of staying down when he can get up. It’s worse than Ortiz.

I like Dirrell and it’s unfortunate that he’s know for playing possum more than his actual talent but that’s what happens when you do it twice and have to get “rescued” by an uncle sucker punching an unsuspecting man who’s just fought and is in gloves...and ran.

This isnt basketball where if you can get the benefit of the doubt, stay down forever.

Whats that saying?

“A champion is a man who gets up even when he can’t”

Somethin like that?

Got hit low? Low blow back. Rabbit punched? Do it back. Hit after the bell? You too. Show a fighters heart and let the ref worry about it like everyone else does.

I wouldnt be surprised if he incorporates some twitching and sticks his tongue out the side next time
                Last edited by NearHypnos; 03-02-2018, 12:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by dorruel2.0 View Post
                  Man that last hit came a SPLIT second after the bell. You try a 3 hit combo and pull out of it. Ive seen way worse.

Comment

If Andre leaves his family at home he should win. If Anthony is in his corner screaaming nonsense at him hes losing.

Comment

Working...
                    X