No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Devin Haney Hunts For ShoBox Foe, Dela Torre Withdraws

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comments Thread For: Devin Haney Hunts For ShoBox Foe, Dela Torre Withdraws

Earlier today krikya360.com was on hand at the Mayweather Boxing Club where blue chip lightweight prospect Devin Haney (18-0) held a workout for the media. Haney was scheduled to face Harmonito Dela Torre (19-1) on the February 2nd edition of ShoBox but Haney informed us that Dela Torre has withdrawn from the fight. The ShoBox quadruple header is headlined by super middleweights Ronald Ellis and Junior Younan squaring off in a bout scheduled for 10 rounds.
    [Click Here To Read More]

It's going to be tough for him to get bouts until he is worth losing to. Still think he should get sme more seasoning for another year or two before going for a belt.

Comment

Well damn. This was Haney's first decent opponent & now its off. That kinda sucks. Curious to see how serious he is & til he fights someone the least bit for real who can really judge him.

Originally posted by SkillspayBills View Post
      Still think he should get sme more seasoning for another year or two before going for a belt.
      He's not close to fighting for a belt. He probably is 12-24mos or longer from a legit title shot.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
        Well damn. This was Haney's first decent opponent & now its off. That kinda sucks. Curious to see how serious he is & til he fights someone the least bit for real who can really judge him.

He's not close to fighting for a belt. He probably is 12-24mos or longer from a legit title shot.
        This definitely SUCKS! Sad to see grown men scared to fight a 19-yr. old!

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
          This definitely SUCKS! Sad to see grown men scared to fight a 19-yr. old!
          I doubt thats the actual case. I bet the money is poor cuz he's unaffiliated aka I believe his pimp dad is paying for his opponents.

I mean take a look, he's fighting some of the worst opponents I've seen of any prospect people are talking about & he's not Tyson-ing people or on some young Floyd sh^t. Gots to be a money thing not a talent/fear thing.

Comment

I doubt thats the actual case. I bet the money is poor cuz he's unaffiliated aka I believe his pimp dad is paying for his opponents.

I mean take a look, he's fighting some of the worst opponents I've seen of any prospect people are talking about & he's not Tyson-ing people or on some young Floyd sh^t. Gots to be a money thing not a talent/fear thing.
            Could be! He turned pro much earlier than Tyson, so I can see why they were lining up the bums, just like they did for Tyson. However, like we said recently, it might be time squad up with Mayweather Promotions! Maybe he could be fighting "Billy Dib" in an eliminator!

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
              Could be! He turned pro much earlier than Tyson, so I can see why they were lining up the bums, just like they did for Tyson. However, like we said recently, it might be time squad up with Mayweather Promotions! Maybe he could be fighting "Billy Dib" in an eliminator!
              I doubt he's ready for a Billy Dib. A top 50 guy would be a hell of a jump up in class & Dib probably still should be a top 50ish guy.

I'd love to see him fight someone on the semi-prospect or better level like a "Memphis" Miller or someone like that who's notched a similar record over slightly better guys, but who's been beaten too.

I'm a big fan of the 4yr road from pro debut to a title so he's still only 2yrs into that trip. If you look at most high level cats like maybe something like 90% of them won a title between 3 & 5 years of their pro debut so there seems to be something to that level of seasoning before fighting the best guys out there.

Since he's a lil younger turning pro, as mentioned, I wouldn't even begrudge him another year or two cuz his career thus far as made 0 mark as he's fought no one so he's still got dues to pay & arguably he shouldn't have fought a live body yet following the average promoters logic.

But still curious what happens when he fights a live body who's punching back cuz I'm not SUPER impressed with what I'm seeing thus far cuz he's not blowing these guys out like I think maybe he should be. Plus his power seems lacking to me. 12KO's in 18 fights at this level means he's gonna need to find some nice "man strength" in the next several years or he'll be going 12 in every big fight ala guys like Bradley & Alexander when he steps up in class.

Comment

I think its a bit premature to consider him a "blue chip".

Comment

Originally posted by slimPickings View Post
                  I think its a bit premature to consider him a "blue chip".
                  LOL I'd agree. He's a prospect, but far from blue chip.

Tip top prospects need some borderline live body's on their resume at least. Haney's got nothing close yet.

Comment

LOL I'd agree. He's a prospect, but far from blue chip.

Tip top prospects need some borderline live body's on their resume at least. Haney's got nothing close yet.
                    is his talent blue chip?
                    Last edited by The Viper; 01-26-2018, 11:17 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X