<#webadvjs#>

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin vs. Saunders Will Be Done if Both Win, Says Warren

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comments Thread For: Golovkin vs. Saunders Will Be Done if Both Win, Says Warren

Billy Joe Saunders defends his WBO middleweight title against Willie Monroe Jnr on Saturday having been told a unification fight with Gennady Golovkin is essentially a "done deal". The 28-year-old fights his American opponent at London's Copper Box Arena just hours before Golovkin defends his WBA, WBC, IBO and IBF titles in his Las Vegas superfight with Saul Alvarez, and should he succeed, expects to fight the winner.
    [Click Here To Read More]

how does Golovkin buy himself out of the rematch clause?

Comment

It's good their fighting on the same day. Barring any injuries, winner of Canelo or GGG should fight the winner anywhere from Jan-March to unify all the titles at 160... If it's GGG that would be to tie Hopkins record for defenses at MW. Then what does he do? Chase a big money fight or fight Jacobs or Charlo? He's getting old now, gonna be tough choices ahead. I'd still like to see him move to say 172 for a Ward fight before he retires. They'll both be at the end of their careers in a few years.

Comment

... in case GGG wins, he will rematch Canelo in May 2018... Therefore GGG may fight BJS in Dec this year...

Comment

GGG will beat Canelo so bad that he won't want a rematch.
          Last edited by Apollo7; 09-16-2017, 06:10 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
            ... in case GGG wins, he will rematch Canelo in May 2018... Therefore GGG may fight BJS in Dec this year...
            Even if Golovkin beats Canelo...after what will surely be a taxing fight do you really see him jumping right into another 8-week training camp so soon?

With the rematch clause that Golden Boy put in the contract hanging over his head?

Not very likely in my opinion.

Comment

Frank warren talking bollocks again i see

Comment

Saunders is a scrub. I don't wanna see that ****

Comment

Originally posted by yammy25 View Post
                  Frank warren talking bollocks again i see
                  This^^^^

Canelo has an IMMEDIATE rematch clause. If Golovkin wins then the only way GGG-Saunders happens next is if Canelo passes.....

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
                    That's a good point.But that's not a lot of time to heal after this fight

I would be HIGHLY impressed if GGG did 3 fights in 8 months. Especially these caliber of fighters...

Comment

Working...
                    X