Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Audley: Joshua Winning Will Have Bigger Impact Than Tyson Fury

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, in terms of Joshua becoming the bigger name and bigger draw, it's definitely true.

However, he's already the bigger name and draw in the UK so...

I guess it just stretches the gap.

Comment

Originally posted by about.thousands View Post
      Joshua is already a bigger star than Fury. A gold medal and a world championship will be bigger than going to Germany and taking part in the worse heavyweight fight ever. Joshua's style can bring in casual fans. If I was trying to get people into boxing I would burn that Fury-Klitschko tape and tell them that fight never took place
      Yeah I am here in the States but the numbers don't lie, AJ is already selling hundreds of thousands of PPVs in the UK, it's probably just a matter of time before he starts catching on here in the US. Can't ever see Fury being a big star stateside. I think Fury is the better fighter, at least now, but he's not the type of HW most Westerners gravitate toward.

AJ has a legitimate chance to be the biggest thing on boxing alongside Wilder, Spence, Thurman etc.

Comment

It'll all end soon when Joshua gets exposed as a stiff bum.

Posted from krikya360.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by BWC View Post
          AJ has a legitimate chance to be the biggest thing on boxing alongside Wilder, Spence, Thurman etc.
          Hmm, i'm not sure about Spence actually, i think he's similar to Crawford in the sense they might be exceptionally talented but they have absolutely no charisma about them at all, it's hard to see how they can leave an impression outside of hardcore boxing fans. Andre Ward probably fits into that category to some extent. Let's be fair, with his talent...if he had a big personality or even a shred of public image, he would be huge but only dedicated boxing fans know him really, not many outside of that.

At least Wilder has a bit of personality, Thurman too. So i could see that, if they beat some good opposition.

I actually think AJ is a total bore of a human being from his interviews, but that's because he has been very well media trained to give off this big smiling humble olympian image, but people lap that up, especially the British public...especially with the media right behind him hyping him up. It's going to be an almighty fall if he turns out to be nowhere near a top level fighter.

Comment

Will it ***
            Joshua was gifted gold & he's been gifted a hw title shot. The guy has the head movement of someone confined to a neck brace

Last edited by ukbox; 04-06-2016, 01:23 PM.

Comment

Alot of people in England don't want to see a gypsy of Irish heritage standing as the #1 heavyweight on the planet. They would rather embrace anything but that.

Comment

Originally posted by deathofaclown View Post
                Hmm, i'm not sure about Spence actually, i think he's similar to Crawford in the sense they might be exceptionally talented but they have absolutely no charisma about them at all, it's hard to see how they can leave an impression outside of hardcore boxing fans. Andre Ward probably fits into that category to some extent. Let's be fair, with his talent...if he had a big personality or even a shred of public image, he would be huge but only dedicated boxing fans know him really, not many outside of that.

At least Wilder has a bit of personality, Thurman too. So i could see that, if they beat some good opposition.

I actually think AJ is a total bore of a human being from his interviews, but that's because he has been very well media trained to give off this big smiling humble olympian image, but people lap that up, especially the British public...especially with the media right behind him hyping him up. It's going to be an almighty fall if he turns out to be nowhere near a top level fighter.
                Oh Hearn knows he's sitting on a potential superstar (lotto ticket) and he's talked since the signing that AJ could be this "Crossover superstar" meaning highly attractive to casuals. AJ has been carefully managed from Day 1 to become the biggest draw in boxing, period..

Comment

Originally posted by BWC View Post
                  Oh Hearn knows he's sitting on a potential superstar (lotto ticket) and he's talked since the signing that AJ could be this "Crossover superstar" meaning highly attractive to casuals. AJ has been carefully managed from Day 1 to become the biggest draw in boxing, period..
                  No doubt, this is his second PPV, and he's had what? 15 fights or something. Selling out arena's too. It's actually incredible when you consider he hasn't really proven anything. Hearn must be licking his lips.

Can't blame them though, you might as well start raking in the money ASAP if it's there to be had, proven or not. Nobody is going to say "nah just book me a small arena and pay me 10 times less because i haven't fought anyone good". It could all go wrong very soon, nobody really knows yet. Good luck to him.

I still hope Martin smashes him though because i can't stand the thought of the media, Hearn, sky etc. all fawning over him like he's just beaten a prime Lennox Lewis or something, when really he'll have beaten a paper champion who won via leg injury. That's nothing personal against AJ, i don't mind him, more so the undeserved high praise as a fighter he will get. I just like to see fighters earn that true high status as a fighter by beating other good fighters. I still think he'll win anyway.
                  Last edited by deathofaclown; 04-06-2016, 02:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by deathofaclown View Post
                    No doubt, this is his second PPV, and he's had what? 15 fights or something. Selling out arena's too. It's actually incredible when you consider he hasn't really proven anything. Hearn must be licking his lips.

Can't blame them though, you might as well start raking in the money ASAP if it's there to be had, proven or not. Nobody is going to say "nah just book me a small arena and pay me 10 times less because i haven't fought anyone good". It could all go wrong very soon, nobody really knows yet. Good luck to him.

I still hope Martin smashes him though because i can't stand the thought of the media, Hearn, sky etc. all fawning over him like he's just beaten a prime Lennon Lewis or something, when really he'll have beaten a paper champion who won via leg injury. That's nothing personal against AJ, i don't mind him, more so the undeserved high praise as a fighter he will get. I just like to see fighters earn that true high status as a fighter by beating other good fighters. I still think he'll win anyway.
                    Absolutely. I mean either AJ really is the next great HW legend or he's the biggest hype-job in boxing history. Might as well make the $ now in the process of finding out. Nothing guaranteed in this game just look at Price..

Comment

Joshua is a BUM A*S fighter who's been gifted a title shot.

The casuals will believe anything.

Comment

Working...
                      X