No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Andrzej Fonfara Edges Nathan Cleverly in a Fire Fight War

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by daggum View Post
    lol yea ok. fonfara no defense. i think that would give fonfara a problem. technical ability? kovalev is ten times the boxer of fonfara. he outboxed pascal and hopkins easily. cleverly easily. campillo easily. fonfara lost 5 roudns to campillo, lost 4 to doodoo ngoubo. he just lost 4-5 to cleverly. where exactly would the problem be for kovalev? that fonfara is too easy to hit and he won't get enough rounds in?
    Fonfara: no head movement.
    Cleverly: drained, no punching power...
    ... looked like a sparring...

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
      lol yea ok. fonfara no defense. i think that would give fonfara a problem. technical ability? kovalev is ten times the boxer of fonfara. he outboxed pascal and hopkins easily. cleverly easily. campillo easily. fonfara lost 5 roudns to campillo, lost 4 to doodoo ngoubo. he just lost 4-5 to cleverly. where exactly would the problem be for kovalev? that fonfara is too easy to hit and he won't get enough rounds in?
      Uhhh, no, just because he beat Hopkins on point and not with a KO he didn't "outboxed him easily".
      I think Hopkins still has the technical, skill edge against Kovalev and pretty much against everybody in boxing, but he can't execute it perfectly now because even though he is a fit 50 years old, he is a 50 years old. Kovalev's power and work rate was too much for Hopkins and after the first round he went in full survival mode and Kovalev simply overpowered and outworked him.

Comment

Great fight, both boxers deserve props. Cleverly showed balls going into the lions den. Will Fonfara rematch him in Wales???? Cleverly needs better training team & to be more tactical to macho for his own good but thanks both fighters for great show

Comment

So this Win for Fonfara means that Chavez Jr lost isn't that bad after all...

Comment

would like to see fonfara face beterbiev next year

Comment

Originally posted by Ravens Fan View Post
              But also have to give credit were its due that was a great night of boxing, and easily the best so far, on PBC. Thanks!!
              Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
              Great fight. Definitely up there with Glowacki/Huck as the best fights I've seen this year. These two went to war.
              Yep. Thank you Al Haymon and PBC.

Comment

Fonfara is the new Carl Froch. Always finds a way to get it done despite lacking some stuff.

Comment

This was already on? Well ****. I was looking forward to this one. I never know what time or channel PBC is on. Sounds like I missed a fun one.

Comment

Working...
                  X