Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Andrzej Fonfara Edges Nathan Cleverly in a Fire Fight War

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comments Thread For: Andrzej Fonfara Edges Nathan Cleverly in a Fire Fight War

CHICAGO, UIC Pavilion - In the televised main event for Premier Boxing Champions (PBC) on Spike, a high stakes light heavyweight showdown saw Andrzej Fonfara (28-3, 16 KOs) won a twelve round unanimous decision over former world champion Nathan Cleverly (29-3, 15 KOs) in a wild war. The scores were 115-113, 116-112, 116-112.

The amount of punches thrown, and landed, set a CompuBox record at 175-pounds. Fonfara threw 1414 punches and Cleverly threw out 1,111 of his own.
    [Click Here To Read More]

cleverly blew it, started showboating thinking he had it in the bag when he should have been doing as much damage as possible

looks like thats about it for him

Comment

Good fight..

Comment

Fonfara rds 3,4,7,8,9,11,12 Cleverly rds 1,2,5,6,10 Good fight

Comment

I hope fans don't push for a stevenson vs fonfara rematch.

he dropped stevenson but also lost nearly every other round. and didn't follow up.

Comment

Fonfara's power took over in last the last three rounds. But also have to give credit were its due that was a great night of boxing, and easily the best so far, on PBC. Thanks!!

Comment

Cleverly is the more skilled of the two, he's the quicker of the two, but too many times he gave up those advantages and decided to slug it out with the slower Fonfara. I think when he looks back at the fight he'll see that he blew a big opportunity.

Good fight though, I really enjoyed it.

Comment

Originally posted by Cruisin' View Post
                cleverly blew it, started showboating thinking he had it in the bag when he should have been doing as much damage as possible

looks like thats about it for him
                He needed to use his straight punches when fonfara was coming forward instead of letting him walk right to him. Cleverly couldn't miss whenever he threw.

Comment

Great fight. Definitely up there with Glowacki/Huck as the best fights I've seen this year. These two went to war.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                    Great fight. Definitely up there with Glowacki/Huck as the best fights I've seen this year. These two went to war.
                    Glowacki/ Huck was my FOTY. This fight was up there too.

Comment

Working...
                    X