Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin-Monroe Draws Audience of More than 1.3 Million

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comments Thread For: Golovkin-Monroe Draws Audience of More than 1.3 Million

Not only does Gennady Golovkin attract crowds from coast to coast in New York City and Southern California, but the power-punching middleweight titleholder also continues to be a reliable ratings draw for HBO.

Golovkin’s sixth-round technical knockout over Willie Monroe this past Saturday had an average audience of 1.338 million viewers, peaking at 1.474 million people, according to ratings estimates compiled by Nielsen Media Research.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I wonder how GGG #'s wouldve looked if he didnt fight the week after Canelo & not have a supporting Latino undercard?

Comment

canelo only got that number thanks to Floyd other then that It would have been around 1.3mill ggg needs stronger opponents to get more views obviously the hype of him knocking everyone out is catching on to the casual fans but how long can he fight cab drivers before ppl catch him on his bluff

Comment

Great for the sport!

Comment

Originally posted by PRBOXINGCOTTO View Post
          canelo only got that number thanks to Floyd other then that It would have been around 1.3mill ggg needs stronger opponents to get more views obviously the hype of him knocking everyone out is catching on to the casual fans but how long can he fight cab drivers before ppl catch him on his bluff
          The ratings were significantly lower for the rebroadcast of the Floyd fight then the Canelo fight. Ratings spiked by almost double for the Canelo fight. I know you hate to admit it but Canelo is star who attracts a ton of viewers and this was his first NON-PPV fight in 2 years and his return to HBO. That fight was going to do monster ratings with or without Floyd.

Comment

Solid!

Comment

Great!

Wasn't expecting it to be that much. Monroe is virtually unknown and Chocalito is known among the hardcore fans. HBO is having one of its best years! Great for the sport. Hopefully GGG can either get Lee or quillen or the winner of then N'dam Lemmiux fight next. Cotto is blatantly ducking this guy and I don't blame him.... It would be a replay of the margarito fight but in 4 rounds!

Comment

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
                I wonder how GGG #'s wouldve looked if he didnt fight the week after Canelo & not have a supporting Latino undercard?
                Same can be said about canelo #s if he didn't fight the week after may-pac,and if his undercard wasn't the replay of a fight that pulled in 4.4 million views...

Comment

Canelo is the A side against everyone but mayweather.

Comment

Originally posted by Tay Roc View Post
                    Canelo is the A side against everyone but mayweather.
                    I'm pretty sure its 50-50 with cotto,and canelo is still B side to a one armed Pacquiao.

Comment

Working...
                    X