No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Teddy Atlas Angry: Lara Won, Promoter's Fighter Got It

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
    What's funny is he says from now on he'll just follow the money. That doesn't work either. Look at Pacquiao/Bradley 1.
    Arum did that so he could sell a rematch. His stable is thin.

Comment

Because he's implying the wide card came from a crooked judge. That doesn't change that the fight itself was close and could have gone either way, which Atlas also said.
      Only one judge for sale is needed in a close fight for Canelo win. With a fair judge probably Lara could have won on a split decision, or a draw to force a rematch. At least you know there was a problem with that judge and neither you or me could say that the split decision could be in favor of Canelo if all judges were clean. You have no logic in your opinions

Comment

Originally posted by racostaa View Post
        Only one judge for sale is needed in a close fight for Canelo win. With a fair judge probably Lara could have won on a split decision, or a draw to force a rematch. At least you know there was a problem with that judge and neither you or me could say that the split decision could be in favor of Canelo if all judges were clean. You have no logic in your opinions

That's the issue people fail to realize. If we had a 3rd competent judge, he could have scored it for Canelo, he could have scored it for Lara, or he could have scored it a draw. Nobody knows the answer to that question. That's why the *****ing and complaining is justified from all angles.

What's so illogical about that?

Comment

first of all, opinions aren't logical. they're matters of attitude. formation of an opinion can be based on logic, but the opinion itself is not logic.

bojungie really doesn't even have an opinion that he's pushing in the thread. he's stating facts. the fight was close, as evidenced by the media scores, fan reaction. a close fight cannot be a robbery. atlas didn't call the fight a robbery, and doesn't hold issue with the decision. he holds issue with the outlier scorecard, which was way too wide.

his stance is reasonable. who knows what your stance even is?

Comment

Im convinced teddy does a few lines of coke before talking... No way in hell lara won that fight and its not fair to compare it to mayweather, floyd on occasions would stop and score punches , lara ran nonstop and did absolutely nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post
              That's the issue people fail to realize. If we had a 3rd competent judge, he could have scored it for Canelo, he could have scored it for Lara, or he could have scored it a draw. Nobody knows the answer to that question. That's why the *****ing and complaining is justified from all angles.

What's so illogical about that?
              Exactly.

It'd be a bigger deal if the ginger had clearly lost. He didn't. Atlas complained about the judge because that's who should be complained about. He didn't have a problem with Alvarez winning.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                first of all, opinions aren't logical. they're matters of attitude. formation of an opinion can be based on logic, but the opinion itself is not logic.

bojungie really doesn't even have an opinion that he's pushing in the thread. he's stating facts. the fight was close, as evidenced by the media scores, fan reaction. a close fight cannot be a robbery. atlas didn't call the fight a robbery, and doesn't hold issue with the decision. he holds issue with the outlier scorecard, which was way too wide.

his stance is reasonable. who knows what your stance even is?
                Probably my reading comprehension in English is bad, but as far I understood Atlas said Lara have won the fight and he said that the fight was determine by promoters and De la Hoya. That's a robbery definition, but of course he is not using this rude word as me because his job requires him to be polite. You guys are interpreting his words as saying the veredict is fair. I interpret his words as a very dislike of the judgement and what happened last Saturday. He is polite but with the opinion Lara won and was a veredict done by the promoters money. Do you need more explanations for my previous ironic comments?

Comment

Teddy do us a favor shut up your a wash up has been trainer

Comment

Exactly.

It'd be a bigger deal if the ginger had clearly lost. He didn't. Atlas complained about the judge because that's who should be complained about. He didn't have a problem with Alvarez winning.
                    People get too caught up in official decisions. This was a 50-50 fight going in and it still is. What else needs to be said?

Comment

Probably my reading comprehension in English is bad, but as far I understood Atlas said Lara have won the fight and he said that the fight was determine by promoters and De la Hoya. That's a robbery definition, but of course he is not using this rude word as me because his job requires him to be polite. You guys are interpreting his words as saying the veredict is fair. I interpret his words as a very dislike of the judgement and what happened last Saturday. He is polite but with the opinion Lara won and was a veredict done by the promoters money. Do you need more explanations for my previous ironic comments?
                      Are you kidding? Do you know how many times Teddy Atlas has used the word robbery? He doesn't hold back anything but the curse words.

Again, he ripped that one judge. He said the fight itself was close and while he had Lara winning, it was still close, and that the specific judge was in Golden Boy's pocket. You could interpret that as a robbery, but if a fair judge is in there we might have gotten an Alvarez victory anyway.

A robbery is when one guy indisputably won but somehow ended up losing. Atlas never said that Lara indisputably won. He was angry about that one judge.

Comment

Working...
                      X