No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: CompuBox: Mayweather's Toughest Bout Since Castillo I

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comments Thread For: CompuBox: Mayweather's Toughest Bout Since Castillo I

Money's toughest fight since Jose Luis Castillo I. Marcos Maidana's 221 landed punches are the most by a Mayweather opponent in 37 of his fights tracked by CompuBox. A draw could have been the call as they split punches landed six rounds each. Floyd Mayweather Jr. landed the higher pct., Maidana was busier in every round. [Click Here To Read More]

Khan beat this guy. Floyd lost or could ve gone either way. I can't imagine what PAC would do to Floyd . If a stationary fighter with no speed could do to Floyd, PAC would probably kill Floyd hence why Floyd has avoided him for last 4 years

Comment

Originally posted by handsome1-1 View Post
      Khan beat this guy. Floyd lost or could ve gone either way. I can't imagine what PAC would do to Floyd . If a stationary fighter with no speed could do to Floyd, PAC would probably kill Floyd hence why Floyd has avoided him for last 4 years
      Every thread a Pacquiao fan that hasn't got a clue about boxing styles comes in and turns it into a Pacquiao/Mayweather thread. They need to start banning these fools now.

Comment

exactly, get these guys the **** off the forum. every post is literally floyds a fraud or pac vs floyd. **** is annoying

Comment

To check if compubox is right I looked again the first round, well in that round Maidana landed more than 40 punches, not 26. We should stop using compubox as the real deal.

Comment

If we're going to use compubox to praise Mayweather as the most accurate puncher, as well as the best defender then we must also use compubox here.

Maidana was the busier boxer, making Floyd fight in a style he didn't like. Thought credit should be given to Robert Garcia for coming up with a good game plan, and I believe his fighter should have at least gotten a draw.

Comment

No question it was the closest fight he's been in since Castillo 2.

Comment

He also missed over 600 punches go figure

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Booger View Post
                  He also missed over 600 punches go figure
                  We knew that. We know Floyd is one of the best defensive fighter in the game, so Maidana had to throw a lot of punches because he was going to be landing in the 20%.

Comment

Originally posted by jrrod02 View Post
                    If we're going to use compubox to praise Mayweather as the most accurate puncher, as well as the best defender then we must also use compubox here.

Maidana was the busier boxer, making Floyd fight in a style he didn't like. Thought credit should be given to Robert Garcia for coming up with a good game plan, and I believe his fighter should have at least gotten a draw.
                    If Maidana would've keep the pace Castillo did he would have won, I had the fight for floyd by 1 round.

Comment

Working...
                    X