No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Pacquiao-Bradley II PPV Numbers Coming Next Week

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Industry sources say the buyrate is under 700k"

That some mediatakeout nonsense. If the folks who handle the event don't know what the heck can "industry sources" know? Let's wait for HBO to say the numbers..the networks are the only ones I believe when it comes to ppv buys since they've gotta put it on their books.

Comment

Originally posted by turnedup View Post

That some mediatakeout nonsense. If the folks who handle the event don't know what the heck can "industry sources" know? Let's wait for HBO to say the numbers..the networks are the only ones I believe when it comes to ppv buys since they've gotta put it on their books.
      Industry sources said Mayweather Guerrero did 870k and everyone took it as gospel. Stephen Espinoza said it did over 1 million but nobody believes that and he's the Network guy.

Dan Rafael of ESPN.com said today, "Two industry sources told me (the numbers) look bad, under one million. If true, heavy money losses for Showtime." Kevin Iole of Yahoo! Sports responded, "Well under one million, I've heard."

Espinoza - "So when enough data had come in that we were able to speak meaningfully, which was probably Friday, that's when we went ahead and confirmed that we will definitely be over a million buys.

Comment

Industry sources said Floyd-Guerrero did like 850-900K and you guys took that, ran miles with it. Espinoza says it did 1 million buys, and you guy s didn't believe him.

So which is it???

You shouldn't believe it unless they give you the revenue #. Pac-Rios was the first fight since Pac-Margarito that Arum openly said the revenue the fight generated. Against Mosley, Marquez 3, Bradley 1, Marquez 4, he just said the buys and nothing else.

With Floyd....Guerrero is the only fight they didn't release the revenue numbers officially, so it's safe to say it didn't hit 1 million buys. More likely the 850-900K that industry people said, which isn't bad for Guerrero.

Comment

nobody buys pacquiao fights but the p@ctards. A guy with poor numbers like this and he has the nerve to ask floyd for 50-50 split, what a bum.

Comment

A die hard Pac fan trying to denounce the numbers DAMN! Can you stop jerking Pac off for a second and admit his appeal is going down? Whenever there is an article about Pac you are quick to defend him, and in the same breath was crying about Floyd/Maidana.

Pac did his thing I am glad he won that keeps the mega fight alive. But damn homie hop off him and Top Ranks dyck for a second.

Comment

Originally posted by kingfaze19 View Post
              nobody buys pacquiao fights but the p@ctards. A guy with poor numbers like this and he has the nerve to ask floyd for 50-50 split, what a bum.
              That bum's fingernail clippings will leave more of a legacy than you will amass in your entire life

Comment

Originally posted by hitking View Post
                Sounds like Pac better accept a bag of rice and some fried dog if Floyd offers it
                Dammit lol, the mods are coming for you. Should of made fun of a black fighter, then you'd be safe from being banned.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
                  Industry sources said Floyd-Guerrero did like 850-900K and you guys took that, ran miles with it. Espinoza says it did 1 million buys, and you guy s didn't believe him.

So which is it???

You shouldn't believe it unless they give you the revenue #. Pac-Rios was the first fight since Pac-Margarito that Arum openly said the revenue the fight generated. Against Mosley, Marquez 3, Bradley 1, Marquez 4, he just said the buys and nothing else.

With Floyd....Guerrero is the only fight they didn't release the revenue numbers officially, so it's safe to say it didn't hit 1 million buys. More likely the 850-900K that industry people said, which isn't bad for Guerrero.
                  you're not going to get any objectivity out of these types, they're having a bad week, let em live.

Comment

Originally posted by The Raw Dog View Post
                    If the fight did only around 700-800k, I see no Manny Pacquaio making 20 mill off that fight. His fights are beginning to drift towards the Red, instead of Black.
                    Floyd did that or maybe less a couple of fights ago .... is that what you said about Floyd?

Comment

On other sites, it's already been reported that Pacquiao vs. Bradley II was the lowest live gate of any Pacquiao fight in Las Vegas.

Comment

Working...
                      X