Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos: Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. in Top Form, Looking Trim

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chavez came over earlier for a workout in my living room.

We moved the couches, worked out, then had Coco Puffs

Comment

Chavez Jr. needs to convincingly TKO Vera this time around to get his credibility back.

Comment

I got Chavez in this one. If he's in better shape he'll throw more than last time.... I don't know wtf he was doing last time

Comment

Vera threw more than twice as many punches as Chavez last time around. He'd better hope getting into shape makes all the difference.

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
            They got him on a steady dosage of ******* and xenadrine for this bout.

Comment

this kind of reminds me of Chavez jr against Vanda. he looked terrible and got a gift the first time around and won convincingly in the rematch.

Vera is a B level club fighter. that's not a knock against him it's just what he is. he's a tough guy but doesn't have elite level talent. he fought his best against Chavez's worst and the fight was still "close". if Chavez decides to put a couple of puncher together it'll be over for Vera.

Ward Chavez seems like the most likely fight down the line but I could see Froch Chavez if Froch beats Groves. a Chavez fight might even get Kessler out to fight.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostBlade View Post
                Chavez Jr. needs to convincingly TKO Vera this time around to get his credibility back.

I don't think so. Chavez was favored to beat Vera last time and Chavez is still favored to beat him this time. I think the outcome of the first fight was more what Chavez wasn't doing then what Vera was doing. As much as I respect Vera I still think overall he's a level below Chavez and motivated Chavez UD or KOs Vera.

But I'll still pull for Vera.

Comment

Originally posted by rey guey View Post
                  this kind of reminds me of Chavez jr against Vanda. he looked terrible and got a gift the first time around and won convincingly in the rematch.

Vera is a B level club fighter. that's not a knock against him it's just what he is. he's a tough guy but doesn't have elite level talent. he fought his best against Chavez's worst and the fight was still "close". if Chavez decides to put a couple of puncher together it'll be over for Vera.

Ward Chavez seems like the most likely fight down the line but I could see Froch Chavez if Froch beats Groves. a Chavez fight might even get Kessler out to fight.
                  I think Chavez will come in better shape for this fight and perform better too. Maybe KO vera, but i'll go with another decision... depends on how many punches he throws

Comment

Originally posted by STAX ON DECK View Post
                    I dunno I think he still on the torta diet
                    He's just not motivated to be a great fighter like his dad was.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                      X