Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Self-interested Alvarado violates keyboard warrior code

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comments Thread For: Self-interested Alvarado violates keyboard warrior code

By Lyle Fitzsimmons - It’s been a rough couple of weeks for the keyboard warriors.

First, Timothy Bradley eschews the very fighting style that got him into their good graces seven months ago and elects to (gasp!) use clear advantages in hand and foot speed to make a potentially compelling slugfest into a far-less-titillating 12-round clinic over frustrated plodder Juan Manuel Marquez.

“Desert Storm,” my eye.

Then, seven days later, one of the guys to whom the toughies point as an example of all that’s worthwhile in a boxing ring – Mike Alvarado – gets his senses handed to him over the back half of a brawl with Ruslan Provodnikov, and (gasp!) surrenders on his stool between rounds 10 and 11 rather than prolonging the carnage for six more brain-rattling minutes.

And you call yourself a fighter, Alvarado? Pshaw.

In explaining his lumpy-faced sacrilege afterward, the now-twice-beaten Denver wannabe was clearly in violation of the tough guy bylaws when he said, “It was not worth taking more punishment because the damage could be permanent. It was just not my night.” [Click Here To Read More]

Terrible writer in Lyle

Just imagine a newbie to boxingscene clicking on a lyle fitsimmons article...he'll take this site as a joke and never return. This writer gives this site a bad name and is by far the most unprofessional/biased boxing writer to date. Ronnie can't touch this man.

Comment

This is the first article from Lyle Fitzsimmons I've enjoyed in a while. Hilarious and right on the money.

Comment

I hate when guys try to emulate Jim Rome! #1, this guy is a flat out ignorant for saying what he said. Definitely not a boxing mind!!

Comment

Provodnikov is not just a brawler -- he's a puncher-boxer. He punches hard, indeed, but one cannot out-brawl him because Ruslan isn't a brawler beast. Alvarado understood that and quit. It was a good decision.

Comment

LOL how do you become a writer here? the standards cant be strict at all.

Comment

I hate when guys try to emulate Jim Rome! #1, this guy is a flat out ignorant for saying what he said. Definitely not a boxing mind!!
              It was an entertaining way to get his point across, what was so bad about the article?

Comment

Slightly immature article lol

Comment

Everytime I read a Fitzsimmons article.

Comment

Such terrible writing.

Comment

Working...
                    X