No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: CompuBox: Mendez More Efficient Against Usmanee

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comments Thread For: CompuBox: Mendez More Efficient Against Usmanee

Arash Usmanee and Argenis Mendez combined to land nearly 600 punches (50 per round), while throwing nearly 2000 punches (166 per round). Mendez was more efficient, landing 42% of his power shots. They closed the show by landing a combined 63 of 217 total punches. [Click Here To Read More]

disgusting robbery.

Mendez clearly won that fight.

I bet it was some old ass geezer in his 70s or 80s who was one of the judges.

Comment

Mendez had to hang on late, but he clearly won. Hell of a last round.

Comment

Significantly more accurate, but many close rounds in terms of connects.

Comment

Originally posted by Levity View Post
          Significantly more accurate, but many close rounds in terms of connects.
          The punches Mendez was landing were clearly more effective, even if the numbers say the connects were close.

Comment

More effective in what sense?

I thought most of the punches Mendez landed were pitter-patter shots, and he only occasionally put a lot into his punches. He was definitely more accurate, but there were many rounds in which there wasn't much to split them in terms of terms of how effective their lands were. Mendez is also listed as out landing Usmanee in the 11th, and the 12th was close in terms of connects, but I thought Mendez was rocked in those rounds to a greater extent than Usmanee was; in other words, the blows that Usmanee landed were probably more effective.

I think Mendez won, but I can see 5 rounds for Usmanee, and giving him 6 isn't a huge stretch. Six-6 in rounds is definitely a more accurate reflection of the bout than Teddy's 11-1 card is.
            Last edited by Levity; 08-27-2013, 02:36 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X