No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Sakio Bika Decisions Periban To Capture The WBC Title

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comments Thread For: Sakio Bika Decisions Periban To Capture The WBC Title

Barclays Center, Brooklyn - The fourth time was the charm for veteran Sakio Bika, as he outlasted Marco Antonio Periban for the vacant WBC super middleweight title, winning a 12 round majority decision to become a world champion after three failed tries against Joe Calzaghe, Lucian Bute, and Andre Ward.

“It means a lot,” said Bika. “He was a very tough guy. I respect him.”

Scores were 116-112, 115-113, and 114-114 for Bika, now 32-5-2 with 21 KOs; Periban suffers his first pro defeat, falling to 20-1 with 13 KOs.

Periban was a true ring general in the first round, with a stiff jab, effective movement, and solid defense keeping Bika from getting into any sort of rhythm. The Cameroon native began to get closer in the second round though, and the fact that Periban’s punches were apparently not hurting him didn’t bode well for the Mexican’s future success. [Click Here To Read More]

He wont have that belt long!

Comment

Everytime an al haymon is in a clos fight they are victorious wonder why.
      Had it 115-113 for periban but was really close draw would of been more fair for both.

Comment

Only Julie's card was fair, no way Bika won that fight by 4 rounds.

Comment

Was tonight "Give Sakio Bika a World Title" night, because there's no way possible he won that fight. I guess getting hurt 3 or 4 times throughout the fight and throwing wild missing haymakers is enough to get a decision.

Comment

I need to get al Haymon to manage me

Comment

Originally posted by Respect Power View Post
              I need to get al Haymon to manage me
              lmao me too.. Bika honestly looked so **** that Chavez Jr would beat his ass..

Comment

Peter Quillen now has a opponent to be 2 weight division champion so he can avoid GGG

Comment

"World Title Fight"

Comment

A good Rock'em Sock'em fight. When they retire from boxing, they will work as Crash Car Dummies.

Comment

Working...
                    X