No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Alexander: Every Time Purdy Opened Up, I Hurt Him

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comments Thread For: Alexander: Every Time Purdy Opened Up, I Hurt Him

On Tuesday IBF welterweight champion Devon Alexander paid a visit to BoxingScene Radio to talk about his victory over Lee Purdy that took place Saturday night in Atlantic City. During the fight the 26-year-old stayed in the pocket and continuously beat his opponent to the punch. He said that they worked on using subtle movements throughout training camp.

"I knew that I was capable of standing there and being smart, trading sometimes. The game plan was to use subtle movements during the fight but I stood my ground a little more and sat on my shots after I hurt my hand," Alexander explained.

[Click Here To Read More]

Purdy opened up that fight?

Comment

similar to how everytime matthysse opened up he hurt you. wait how did you win that fight?

Comment

Not the fight i saw. Purdy was laughing in devons face the whole fight.

Comment

When was Purdy hurt?

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
            When was Purdy hurt?

he wasn't...he only quit because of a broken eardrum.

Comment

Originally posted by Suavecito80 View Post
              Purdy opened up that fight?
              I duno but apparently he got hurt when he did I must have missed both though or been watching another fight

Comment

That fight reminded a little of the Khan/McClosky fight. Purdy couldn't handle Alexander's speed, but in at no time was he hurt. He probably figured he'd have to let Alexander tire and go at him in the later rounds. He wasn't winning, but his corner shouldn't have stopped it.

Comment

Alexander could have made himself more exciting fighting Bailey like he did Purdy - and the argument about Bailey nailing him if he did, does NOT hold water. Bailey cannot fight inside at all, he is simply not an inside fighter, he needs room to punch! Alexander has shown excellent inside skills. You either get inside his punches, or stay on the outside where Bailey's extension gives him a chance, or you don't engage which is boring and what Alexander did. Alexander could have made the fight more exciting on the inside and won that game easily. On top of that, Bailey's is seriously overstated and Alexander already held up to brutal punchers Maidana and Mathysee so there was nothing a guy with a 30% KO ratio in his last 7 fights was going to do to him. Mike Jones had his chin stuck out like a lantern in the night, like Paul Williams has done, thats how he got caught. All Alexander had to do was use a high guard and come forward, fight in the pocket with defence, and he would not have bored people to death

Comment

Id pay to not have to watch this guy fight live ever again

Comment

Working...
                    X