No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Purdy Ready: Devon Alexander is Not an Elite Fighter

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comments Thread For: Purdy Ready: Devon Alexander is Not an Elite Fighter

Lee Purdy insists Devon Alexander is not an 'elite' fighter and he plans to dethrone the IBF welterweight champion on Saturday night.

Purdy stepped in to face Alexander on short notice after Kell Brook's withdrawal through injury and he is a major underdog ahead of their world title clash in Atlantic City.

The former British champion has halted his last four opponents, but he is making a big step-up in class against Alexander, a two-weight world champion with just a solitary defeat.

Alexander has been touted as a possible foe for Floyd Mayweather or Amir Khan, but Purdy is far from overawed by the American and does not think he is one of the sport's top performers.

He told the Ringside Toe 2 Toe podcast: "I've fought the fight over 100 times in my head already, but I'm just going to go there and do what I do and put on a good performance.

"I believe I've got a really good chance. I'm really strong, I punch really hard, I take a good shot and you know Devon is a good fighter, but he's not one of the elite fighters."
    [Click Here To Read More]

Say all the BS you want, Devon is still gonna KO your weak ass!

WAR ALEXANDER

Comment

Whilst that is true there is still a big problem with that statement

Comment

Purdy will be easy work for Alexander

Comment

Purdy is massively out of his depth in this fight, he is going to make Devon look special

Comment

Alexander isn't elite but he is on the next tier. Purdy is a B fighter on his best day and will find out come fight night why he is the underdog. He has no chance.

Comment

News Flash-- ALexander not an elite fighter. No ***** Sherlock

Comment

Lee Purdy is a good fighter at british level, but he aint in the same league as Alexander.

Comment

Working...
                X