Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos: Mike Alvarado Wins Brutal War With Brandon Rios

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comments Thread For: Photos: Mike Alvarado Wins Brutal War With Brandon Rios

Mike Alvarado beat Brandon Rios on points in another excellent fight in Las Vegas on Saturday night. The scores at the end of a highly entertaining bout were 115-113 on two cards and 114-113 on the third. The two, who had provided a classic last October, were at it again from the start of the bout at the Mandalay Bay Events Centre, trading punches and showing the spectators what professional boxing could be all about.

Alvarado won the vacant WBO interim junior welterweight title and improved his record to 34-1, including 23 knockouts. Rios, who had won their first meeting in the seventh round, was once again in full flight during the middle rounds, dropped to 31-1-1, with 22 knockouts.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Fight ******... Very boring

Comment

I can't work out why Arum made this rematch when Rios was his new star. Is he trying to give him brain damage?

Comment

Who was that idiot rapper that brought out mike alvarado?

Comment

Originally posted by NoLove View Post
          I can't work out why Arum made this rematch when Rios was his new star. Is he trying to give him brain damage?
          because arum is running out of fights to make, rios/pacman was next on his list i think before pac got iced, he almost lost bradley a couple weeks ago and now rios has lost,but hes at his round table tryna figure out how to sort this mess he created out, top rank has taken some serious blows the last 6-7 months lol

Comment

Originally posted by LaBéstia View Post
            Fight ******... Very boring
            What are your expectations for a fight bro? Sounds like your just hating on a good fight.

Comment

Originally posted by NoLove View Post
              I give Arum props for making some decent matches as of late. We as fans complain when they groom and protect young fighters, so I won't be complaining when he matches his young studs competitively.

Comment

I think it's safe to say that Rios is already showing signs of being punch-drunk. It's sad that it's happening this early in his career.

Comment

Originally posted by Carpe Diem View Post
                  I think it's safe to say that Rios is already showing signs of being punch-drunk. It's sad that it's happening this early in his career.
                  Why? Because he lost? It was clear to me that Alvarado would win the second fight after watching the first one.

Comment

I'm sorry but the fight did suck, bam bam was starting to fight like angulo. Can't believe I'm saying this but the Bradley fight was more exciting.

Comment

Working...
                    X