No announcement yet.

20 years old and want to box

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

20 years old and want to box

Ive played sports in highschool and run everyday and hit my bag everyday, but Im looking to join a boxing gym and get into a league. How does this work, do I get with a trainer at a boxing gym and he tries me out. And is the only league amateur league? How long do you think before I could begin a league. And also I am 5 foot 11 and 145 lbs, is this even a suitable body for boxing, I know I have a good reach but will lower build guys **** me up?

Dude, no offence but STFU and get in the gym. You're never too old, too unathletic, or too small to box. You're only limited by yourself.

Look at Sergio Martinez, Nate Campbell, Bernard Hopkins.

The hardest part is dedicating yourself to the sport. I've been boxing since I was 17. I have great physical attributes, ring IQ, and technical ability, but I find it hard to live the life and have too many distractions to be successful even at amateur level. I'll train for a month and then go out partying and skip training for another 6 weeks.

If you're in the gym 3-5 times a week, not drinking, and living good, then you can go as far as you want to go...

Comment

Originally posted by K.Webster;13156892[B
      I have great physical attributes, ring IQ, and technical ability[/B]
      Ha, your clearly very modest!
      Last edited by toshmurph; 03-17-2013, 05:06 PM.

Comment

early 20s isn't too late

Comment

Working...
        X