Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Team Ward Dare Joe Calzaghe To Unretire, Finalize Fight!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by T-97 View Post
    Annie beat me to it.

A lot of people have created this myth about how Calzaghe avoided Froch ad all this, yet when Froch was calling Calzaghe out he got a lot of hate. Everybody, and I mean everybody, was saying Froch had fought no body and he was delusional to think Calzaghe would fight him. By the time Froch stepped up in class against Pascal, Calzaghe was pretty much out the door and into retirement.

As for Ward and his team calling him out, a daring moving... calling out a 40 year old coming off a 4/5 year lay off
    Calzaghe last fought 3 years, 10 months ago.

But you're right, I don't want to see this fight either. Calzaghe would be risking permanent health damage. It isn't smart to come back from a layoff like that and immediately fight the future Fighter of the Decade. He'd be risking his livelihood for the sake of sport.

There are some that have done it (come back and find success late in their careers), Vitali Klitschko, George Foreman immediately come to mind. But clearly those guys are on another level than Calzaghe. So overall, I do agree with you, it would be foolish for Calzaghe to now come back and ruin his entire legacy that he spent 15 years carefully protecting.

Comment

Originally posted by SirTomJones View Post

Yeah Calzaghe beating a Roy Jones coming off a win against Felix Trinidad 10months earlier is the same as calling out somebody who has been retired for almost 4 years and was fighting in the weight division above.
      Felix Trinidad-you have gotta be joking!!!! That was a retired Trinidad that blew up to LHW to get Jones (who was inactive as well from getting ko'd) to look like he had a hint of his former glory.

Calzaghe feasted on a slowed down old version of Jones and you wanna give Ward flack? It's the same thing...Ward himself never called out Calzaghe anyways.

Comment

Originally posted by SirTomJones View Post

Yeah Calzaghe beating a Roy Jones coming off a win against Felix Trinidad 10months earlier is the same as calling out somebody who has been retired for almost 4 years and was fighting in the weight division above.
        You do realize that Felix Trinidad was 35 years old and hadn't fought in 3 years?

Fuckin limeys.

That's Joe's legacy.

Comment

Joe Calzaghe isn't going to ruin his legacy undefeated record to come out of retirement to fight a young great fghter like Ward. Martinez Ward at 164-165 would be a great fight if he beats Chavez Jr

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
            LMAO.

Not only does he drain Dawson but now he wants to bring a corpse back from the dead...
            Funny how people around here were saying how good Dawson looked at the weigh ins,but today he gets ko'd and they say he was weight drained...

The fact is, Dawson looked good until he took a lightning bolt of a left hook that he didn't anticipate-then he never got his legs back.

Let's not forget that Dawson was actually pushing Ward back as well,so he had to have pretty good strength to back Ward up doing this.When Ward was against the ropes or even careless coming in,Dawson threw great and fast combos and landed good uppercuts/ right hook counters.Weight didn't have anything to do with Dawson's lack of defense.

He never seemed to 100% recover when Johnson clubbed him either,so this isn't new for him.

As for grave robbing, 3 of Calzaghe's best wins come against old timers Eubank, Hopkins and Roy Jones...
            Last edited by damned1974; 09-09-2012, 11:36 AM.

Comment

Hahahah Calslappy wouldn't fight Ward with a gun to his head. I'd love to see him come out of retirement for a taste of his own medicine after fighting the great Roy Jones and Hopkins when they were in there 40's.

Comment

Originally posted by T-97 View Post
                Annie beat me to it.

A lot of people have created this myth about how Calzaghe avoided Froch ad all this, yet when Froch was calling Calzaghe out he got a lot of hate. Everybody, and I mean everybody, was saying Froch had fought no body and he was delusional to think Calzaghe would fight him. By the time Froch stepped up in class against Pascal, Calzaghe was pretty much out the door and into retirement.

As for Ward and his team calling him out, a daring moving... calling out a 40 year old coming off a 4/5 year lay off
                why not Calzaghe fought TONSSS of nobodies

Comment

Still would be a close fight. Calzaghe can adapt to anything. And so can ward.

Ward is still boring as **** though. Nice guy, talented, but he is so boring.

Comment

Originally posted by Davis40 View Post
                    Hahahah Calslappy wouldn't fight Ward with a gun to his head. I'd love to see him come out of retirement for a taste of his own medicine after fighting the great Roy Jones and Hopkins when they were in there 40's.
                    Calzaghe pulled out of fights with Glen Johnson 3 times before and after he ko'd Roy...hell,if he wasn't going to fight that plodder (who didn't have half as good of a reputation back then) then he would continue to cite his fear of flying to duck Ward!

He struggled with Hopkins and I view Ward as a more athletic and complex fighter...

Comment

that's a lame attempt by team ward...calzaghe is retired leave him alone.

Comment

Working...
                      X