Comments Thread For: Chavez vs. Lee, Adamek vs. Chambers: Pre-Report Cards

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by House of Stone View Post
    Lee is from Limerick not London
    Thanks. I often pull those off Boxrec so always happy for a clarification.

Comment

I'm afraid to bet anything on this fight cuz i think Lee is going to get robbed....(if he wins).

Comment

Originally posted by crold1 View Post
        Well, Chavez-Whitaker for one. A much more high profile fight whose decision was one of many elements speeding boxing off the front of sports pages. The "Robbed" SI cover is still one of the best.
        Robbed?? That's what the US media was saying. Most Mexican fans and others, though it was a fair decision. Whitaker ran and hugged all the time. He pushed. He used dirty tactics. His girly punches never hurt Chávez. By the way, Whitaker ducked Chávez for many years and fought him after he had almost 100 fights. Still couldn't beat him. Chávez is in the HOF. Whitaker would never be in a Hall of fame in Mexico ( there is not a HOF ), because we don't like boring cowards.

Comment

I want to put money down on Chambers... looking good.
          He's good when he's light, but I don't know how well he performs. I hope he's true to his word and has been training for this fight.

Comment

Originally posted by budfr View Post
            Robbed?? That's what the US media was saying. Most Mexican fans and others, though it was a fair decision. Whitaker ran and hugged all the time. He pushed. He used dirty tactics. His girly punches never hurt Chávez. By the way, Whitaker ducked Chávez for many years and fought him after he had almost 100 fights. Still couldn't beat him. Chávez is in the HOF. Whitaker would never be in a Hall of fame in Mexico ( there is not a HOF ), because we don't like boring cowards.
            By ran do you mean had Chavez backing up as the fight wore on? By dirty, do you mean answering Chavez's perpetual low blows with low blows back? Ducked him? You man after King refused to make that fight, or the Taylor rematch, for years?

Even Mexicans knew Chavez lost.

Awesome post. Really.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
              Cliff Rold wrote re. Adamek-Chambers: The judges won’t want to be the story, especially in a state proven willing to suspend judges after Paul Williams-Erislandy Lara. [Click Here To Read More]
              Well you were wrong there, Cliff. And these judges should certainly be suspended too, but I doubt they will be.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Rado View Post
                Well you were wrong there, Cliff. And these judges should certainly be suspended too, but I doubt they will be.
                Had Adamek winning 7-5 and thought 8-4 was fine. Rubenstein should be suspended. That was AWFUL.

Comment

Working...
                X