No announcement yet.

**OFFICIAL Froch vs Bute DISCUSSION THREAD**

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Roman Moreno View Post
    I think it's close either way. Maybe at 168 Froch edges it...Maybe? And, overall with Hopkins on it at 175 Calzaghe edges it.

Really now I wish that fight would have happen. At the time I didn't blame Calzaghe for not fighting Froch. He was talking so much and hadn't really proven himself at that time. But, now damn, I wish it would have happened.
    At 168 I would say certainly.

Overall, probably Calzaghe.

Comment

Great display for Froch. Very happy for him.
      Absolutely blew Bute away, wasn't expecting it to go like that to be honest.

The atmosphere in Nottingham sounded excellent

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
        That ass whuppin reminded me that what's SUPPOSED to happen isn't what always happens. We can speculate all we want to, but the fighters still have to go in there and fight. I thought Bute would find a way to force a slow-paced bout and pull out a close decision, but Froch was having none of that. It's like Bute had a "Hit Me" sign on his face cuz Froch couldn't miss at one point. The counter-puncher was getting counter-punched lol, ****in hilarious.

I really think the rematch would turn out like Lopez/Salido, where it's a little more back and forth but with the same end result. Bute lacks the punch resistance and the chin to keep up with Froch.
        Oh yea? Good thing we have you here then. Tell me, what is supposed to happen in the Pacquiao/Bradley fight, and the Haye/Chisora fight, since you are the expert on what should, and shouldn't happen?

Comment

Originally posted by DTMB View Post
          Bute was highly overrated.

UNDEFEATED RECORDS = SU****IOUSNESS.

"show me a undefeated record & ill show you somebody who hasnt fought anybody,"

-whitey bimstein

This quote stands the test of time.....

undefeated records need verification by way of great prime opposition.

Originally posted by UnifiedD View Post
          There exceptions to that equation Mayweather is a 'perfect' example

absolutely not. no exceptions. Floyd falls into the same category.

The man has yet to face & beat a legit PRIME hall of fame fighter. Just look at what happened to floyd when he finally started facing a somewhat boderline hall of famer albeit a past prime one in cotto...

NO EXCEPTIONS TO THE RULE.

NOBODY HAS QUALIFIED FOR ANY EXEMPTIONS. Floyd is in the same boat as marciano, calzaghe, ricardo lopez, and any undefeated fighter.
          Last edited by The Tase; 05-26-2012, 09:22 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X