Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Paul Williams vs Erislandy Lara Judges are Suspended

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would have to say overturning the decision would perhaps be the worst event EVER in boxing history, people rooting for that are very short sighted way to slippery a slope for a sport that can not even handle a slope with good footing.

Even if it was because of something nefarious instead of just bad judging it should only go to a no contest because you just don't know how a different set of judges would view that fight~

Comment

That's a start,hopefully things keep getting better.

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
        I would have to say overturning the decision would perhaps be the worst event EVER in boxing history, people rooting for that are very short sighted way to slippery a slope for a sport that can not even handle a slope with good footing.

Even if it was because of something nefarious instead of just bad judging it should only go to a no contest because you just don't know how a different set of judges would view that fight~
        I'm going to have to say I disagree 100%.

I think in rare occasions like this, when practically everyone agrees who the winner is, overturning a decision is perfectly fine by me.

I would absolutely love if boxing had some type of commission that could oversee all bouts and in the event of a controversial decision, the panel could review the fight and vote if there is enough evidence to overturn the decision or not.

Comment

This isn't enough, but it's pretty big anyway. I haven't thought positively of boxing since the decision was read. This helps restore some faith.

Comment

Declare this **** a No Contest. Man up and accept the mess you made, NJSAC

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
              I'm going to have to say I disagree 100%.

I think in rare occasions like this, when practically everyone agrees who the winner is, overturning a decision is perfectly fine by me.

I would absolutely love if boxing had some type of commission that could oversee all bouts and in the event of a controversial decision, the panel could review the fight and vote if there is enough evidence to overturn the decision or not.
              Who decides the rare occasion and how long does it take that rare occasion to become common place~ who says those tastes match yours and everyone eles that is complaining now either~

That **** would be horrendous, lets wait two weeks to figure out who won and look at a million different times.

No precedent for that at all and it would be TERRIBLE, ruin the sport TERRIBLE

Comment

Lara needs to demand the rematch ASAP

Comment

No contest..................

Anyone rooting for them to overturn the decision is quite frankly not thinking straight that would be terrible for boxing.

Comment

Stuff like this has been going on for too long in boxing. Maybe this will send a message to judges when scoring a bout.

Comment

Good!. Now either give Lara the win or make it a No Contest.

Comment

Working...
                      X