Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are the better sportswriters and commentators in US working on the NBA and NFL?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are the better sportswriters and commentators in US working on the NBA and NFL?

Sometimes I wonder why boxing commentators like Teddy Atlas and Max Kellerman are able to get away with being so dull and negative. Similarly many boxing writers like Eric Raskin and Paul Strauss are boring and uninspiring, doing far too much complaining and discrediting boxers they don't like.

Then I listen to commentators in other sports like football and basketball commentators and they are much better! They tend to be able to create an interest in the games. The MMA commentators create excitement, while some boxing commentators turn people away with their negativity and bitching. And similarly, there are a lot of very good NFL and basketball writers.

Is the reason we need to suffer with such negative commentators/writers because ALL THE BEST AMERICAN COMMENTATORS AND WRITERS ARE COVERING THE NFL AND NBA?

Kellerman is ok, but I like Atlas less every week.

Comment

At least NBA and NFL commentators don't hate on their top level athletes..

Comment

I watched the Lemieux-Ayala fight yesterday. It was pathetic how Atlas spent the first minute and a half of the fight talking about how Lemieux had never impressed him and just generally being very negative. At least give the kid a few rounds to see what he can do, instead of talking crap about him instantly and then being made to look like an idiot.

I really dislike the guy and he is simply not good at his job.

I think Showtime are pretty good overall. I like Manny Steward and Larry Merchant on HBO.

Comment

i remember the good ole days when guys like Al Michaels used to do boxing matches

love the HBO crew but you could add an extra $10 on my ppv bill if i could hear someone like Joe Buck, Troy Aikman, John Madden or Marv Albert call a fight

Comment

Originally posted by P4P305 View Post
            Exactly...

Comment

Originally posted by P4P305 View Post
              Commentators are paid for their opinions and have been known to trash top level athletes no matter what the sport.

Arod, Terell Owens, Stephon Marbury, etc etc. trashed time after time after time.

The only reason writers and commentators are so easily able to create interest in matchups for other sports is because it revolves around teams and communities. not just 2 specific individuals.

Comment

Originally posted by Makavelli View Post
                i remember the good ole days when guys like Al Michaels used to do boxing matches

love the HBO crew but you could add an extra $10 on my ppv bill if i could hear someone like Joe Buck, Troy Aikman, John Madden or Marv Albert call a fight
                i'd pay an extra $30 if this guy called the fight...

Comment

I've heard Marv Albert call boxing. His brother is better. Not everybody can do it. Gus Johnson has been disappointing. Can you imagine Joe Buck doing boxing?

So yeah I disagree.

Comment

Originally posted by -Antonio- View Post
                    I've heard Marv Albert call boxing. His brother is better. Not everybody can do it. Gus Johnson has been disappointing. Can you imagine Joe Buck doing boxing?

So yeah I disagree.
                    But they're all better than Teddy Atlas.

Comment

Working...
                    X