No announcement yet.

Is Bernard Hopkins overrated?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is Bernard Hopkins overrated?

He's Ring p4p #3 even though he hasn't fought in over a year!

The only man he ever fought his own size was Tarver. All his other wins were over cherry-picked SMALLER boxers like De La Hoya and Trinidad, or over nobodies like Steve Frank and Andrew Council. He lost when he faced bona fide world-class opponents like Roy Jones Jr., unless they were little guys like Trinidad and De La Hoya.

His illegal "hold and headbutt" style while effective, is boring to watch. His character is weak - remember his racist statements about never letting "a white boy" beat him, before the Calzaghe fight?

This man is overrated and definitely NOT an ATG.
    Yes, he's clearly overrated
    46.43%
    No, I'm from Philly so I like him
    2.14%
    No, I'm a racist like B-Hop so he's my hero
    21.43%
    No, it's okay to pick opponents from smaller weight divisions
    7.14%
    No, I enjoy watching his "headbutt and hold" style, illegal or not
    22.86%

The poll is expired.

hes a bit underated imo...........so you think Hagler aint great too???............

Comment

Originally posted by Carnivore View Post
      He's Ring p4p #3 even though he hasn't fought in over a year!

The only man he ever fought his own size was Tarver. All his other wins were over cherry-picked SMALLER boxers like De La Hoya and Trinidad, or over nobodies like Steve Frank and Andrew Council. He lost when he faced bona fide world-class opponents like Roy Jones Jr., unless they were little guys like Trinidad and De La Hoya.

His illegal "hold and headbutt" style while effective, is boring to watch. His character is weak - remember his racist statements about never letting "a white boy" beat him, before the Calzaghe fight?

This man is overrated and definitely NOT an ATG.

Can U say Hater?

Comment

Never liked Bhop; he's style makes him boring; only good fight i've seen of him was against Trinidad & Pavlik

Comment

Bhop schooled Pavlik so bad, he gave him a staph infection that prevented him from taking another beating from PWill.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePunchingBag View Post
            Bhop schooled Pavlik so bad, he gave him a staph infection that prevented him from taking another beating from PWill.
            Pavlik was sick going into the fight.

Like most of Bernard's opponents, Kelly moved up from a smaller weight division to face B-Hop.

Comment

He should fight Dawson man; that's a fight that must happen!!!.

Comment

Originally posted by Carnivore View Post
                Pavlik was sick going into the fight.

Like most of Bernard's opponents, Kelly moved up from a smaller weight division to face B-Hop.
                The guy is 44 now and still schooling cats in their prime. Give the guy some credit. B-hop has been a staple in boxing over the last 15-20 years

Comment

Historically? No, no he definitely isn't.

Right now? Maybe a bit, #3 P4P is pretty high

Comment

yea i think he is abit, i mean he has'nt proven he can beat anyone good in there actual weight class
                    we'd have very little excuses if he actually just fought the men in their respected weight class
                    (tarver aint an excuse, he was at heavyweight)

but i would'nt go as far as say he aint an atg

Comment

Working...
                    X