Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jai Opetaia-Jack Massey: IBF grants exception, orders winner to face mandatory by January

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comments Thread For: Jai Opetaia-Jack Massey: IBF grants exception, orders winner to face mandatory by January

The upcoming fight between Jai Opetaia and Jack Massey will indeed be allowed to be competed for the IBF cruiserweight title - in addition to Opetaia's lineal championship - but the winner will have to defend next against the sanctioning body's mandatory challenger.
    [Click Here To Read More]

lol another one of them out of nowhere mandatories by IBF
    kiaba360 kiaba360 likes this.

Comment

I like Jai but this is another case where somebody has taken a meaningless voluntary instead of facing the mandatory, creating problems down the line. Should've had this guy as the opponent instead of Massey. Now if Jai gets stripped for taking a different fight after Massey, he'll cry foul even though he's the one who delayed things.
      drablj drablj likes this.

Comment

[QUOTE=Clegg;n32360020]I like Jai but this is another case where somebody has taken a meaningless voluntary instead of facing the mandatory, creating problems down the line. Should've had this guy as the opponent instead of Massey. Now if Jai gets stripped for taking a different fight after Massey, he'll cry foul even though he's the one who delayed things.[/QUOT

I wouldn't call fighting to receive $650,000 on the biggest stage in the world meaningless. On top of that top showing Opetaia has become one of Turkie's favourite fighters and the three fights (including this one) he's had in Saudi Arabia have earned him $2,000,000. So your comments are ignorant. I'm pretty sure Jai will face the mandatory after beating Massey and it wouldn't surprise me if Turkie offers a place on the Usyk-Fury II card for it consider the turnaround time needed by the IBF.
        kiaba360 kiaba360 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Clegg View Post
          I like Jai but this is another case where somebody has taken a meaningless voluntary instead of facing the mandatory, creating problems down the line. Should've had this guy as the opponent instead of Massey. Now if Jai gets stripped for taking a different fight after Massey, he'll cry foul even though he's the one who delayed things.
          I've never heard of Huseyin Cinkara until today, so was it ever publicized that he would be mandatory challenger? His resume is heavily padded; how he became mandatory is a mystery.

Comment

So Opetaia gets an exception because he's facing the very deserving Jack Massey, but Usyk didn't, because he's rematching the undeserving nobody Tyson Fury, who is only the former lineal champion who has previously won every one of the belts at heavyweight, instead of rematching a guy he already stopped with a jab after winning almost every other second that he wasn't getting fouled. Ok, IBF. I see you following your own rules there...

Comment

Working...
            X