Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Alycia Baumgardner tells Claressa Shields it's 147 pounds or bust for a fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comments Thread For: Alycia Baumgardner tells Claressa Shields it's 147 pounds or bust for a fight

Undisputed junior lightweight champion Alycia Baumgardner will return from a lengthy layoff Friday when she defends her titles against mandatory challenger Delfine Persoon. The fight will headline an all-female Global Combat Collective card at Lux Studios in Atlanta and stream for free on Brinx.TV and Fubo Sports.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Claressa would have to cut a butt cheek off at this point.

Comment

Baum. is even a bigger C than Claressa. Amanda Serrano would be a good fight but the age difference matters. Amanda should retire soon, Katie too.

Comment

Good fight Alicia is pretty

Comment

I like Alycia and believe she has more actual boxing talent than Shields, but she sounds silly AF asking for the fight at 147. Shields can't make 154 again, so no way in Hell she agrees to 147. Alycia needs to focus on the winner of Serrano-Taylor next and stop trying to dictate terms when she has no leverage.

Comment

this hoe should be banned

Comment

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
              Claressa would have to cut a butt cheek off at this point.
              I was thinking the same thing. With all that cake, probably both.

In all seriousness, I don’t know why this keeps getting headlines.

As I understood it, both Shields and Baumgardner are friends. Claressa was at Alycia’s last fight (the one where she popped positive) to support her.

Now all of a sudden they’re foes…? It sounds like they’re fabricating this because that’s what the media feasts on.

It’d be halfway plausible but two things:

-Claressa is an absolute dog and would maul the **** outta’ Baumgardner.

-Claressa is NOT going down to 147. You might as well ask Canelo to go down to 154 at this point or Ryan Garcia to go back to 135…

This is exactly like when Hopkins joked around and said he’d be willing to go back down to 160 at 45+ years old if Mayweather would be willing to make it. Mind you, this was somewhere around the last two years of Floyd’s career (2014-2015) and the media took that sound bite and ran with it taking it as Hopkins being serious. *Rolls eyes*

If Claressa WERE to go down to 147, she’d be guaranteed to lose. That woman is thick….excuse me—THICC.
              Last edited by TintaBoricua; 09-26-2024, 08:04 AM.

Comment

Cat fight brewing

Comment

Originally posted by rudy View Post
                  Good fight Alicia is pretty
                  …? Yes, beauty wins boxing matches. On that note, Dennis Lebedev has a face only a mother could love when he starched Roy Jones, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by Tibburon245 View Post
                    Baum. is even a bigger C than Claressa. Amanda Serrano would be a good fight but the age difference matters. Amanda should retire soon, Katie too.
                    I WISH Serrano would beat Alycia senseless. That ***** baaaaaaaaarely got by Mikaela Mayer and said, “No rematch.” and then popped positive.

She carries the same arrogance as Claressa but yet is NOWHERE NEAR Claressa’s accolades by a country mile.

Comment

Working...
                    X