Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jaime Munguia delivers dramatic KO10 win against Erik Bazinyan

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PolitikDitto View Post
    Plant stopping Mungia. Now that's laughable. The same plant who almost got knocked out the ring by bum ass Trevor mcCumby. LMAO. Mungia didn't duck. Mungia wasn't even at 168 at the time. David was just trying to be a weight bully. David could have fought morell instead but I guess that's not a duck right. Just like it won't be a duck when he doesn't fight the winner of bivol vs beterbiev.

There's a reason he started his career at 175 then went down to 168. Because his power is above average at best. And gvodzyk proved that. David has never been a big puncher. He's not a bigger puncher than Mungia. And he's not a bigger puncher than berlanga. Demetrius Andrade was backing him up at times but you think he's gonna walk through Mungia. The way you guys overrate David is hilarious. Dude is going to get exposed big time once he actually fights somebody elite. He's a 175lb Errol Spence.
    They negotiated late last year after Mungia beat Deverchenko, so you don't even know the facts. Then Benavidez tried again after Mungia lost to Canelo. Mungia ducked twice. Mungia almost got knocked out by 38 year old small dervachenko last year I guess you forgot but you think Benavidez wont be able to keep him off him? hahaha.

Last edited by Oracle01; 09-21-2024, 07:10 AM.

Comment

Munguia was himself displaying the same virtues and flaws as he always has. Bazinyan showed he can be better than most thought he was.

Most importantly, I was expecting more of a blowout and they both proved me wrong...out forth an entertaining and compelling fight on a Friday night.

There are many good matchups to be made at 168, part of the reason is that all of these fighters have virtues and flaws. Any matchup involving McCumby, Berlanga and Bazinyan would be fun. Munguia, Benavidez, Mbili and Plant would all make great fights.

Comment

I am interested for what happens with both men going forward, 168 has somehow loaded up. Could be a really fun division for a couple of years.

Comment

Ehhh....He looked REAL suspect at times, I didn't like the way he reacted to some of those punches. I think he is fading a bit, he was so protected during his prime, plus the damage he took from Canelo physically, and emotionally, I saw a C class fighter last night.
          bimhead bimhead likes this.

Comment

Munguia isn't going anywhere at 168 and will lose to all the top guys. His limitations are even more apparent at this weight.

Comment

Munguía looks like he's actually learning, IMO. He barely moved his head at all in the fight with Derevyanchenko. This fight he was actually doing preemptive head movement for most of the fight. He was still eating leather, but that came down more to his habit of resetting on the bounce than the usual of him keeping his head in the same slot all the time. In past fights, he used the same combos every time (1-1-2, 1-2, 1-2-3/7, 3-2-3/7, 2/6-3-2), with occasional doubling up the final shot. This time he's added several more to the arsenal. He's still obviously got flaws, especially the tells that allow him to be easily timed, and he can be really sloppy with those punches, which you see every time he misses, since he falls off balance, but he's actually made an attempt to clean up some of his old flaws, which I'm impressed by. You don't usually see a fighter with that many fights making those kinds of adjustments.

Comment

The fight went exactly as I expected. Bazinyan can box. I watched him come up the ranks here in my neck o the woods. His power falls short for the top level. 12 rounds is a long time if your opponent doesn’t respect your power. He’s got some iffy, hometown decision's in the past from pressure fighters that gave him hell in later rounds.

Comment

Fun scrap , give me Munguia vs Berlanga their styles would make for a war true 50/50 fight .........

Comment

Good fight , munguia listened to the legend morales, to step it up in the championship rounds
                    Last edited by GoonFace9917; 09-21-2024, 10:32 AM.

Comment

I could tell early that Munguia was going to stop him, it was a combination of a grimace when Bazinyan was hit to the body but mostly it was a distressed expression on his face that had him realizing that it was going to be hard for him to take those for 12 rounds. He fought with heart but the pressure broke the pipes.

Comment

Working...
                      X