Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vacon04 View Post
    What a shitty stoppage.

he couldn't see out of that eye.

these guys get paid a few grand for an espn undercard. it's not worth more damage than that. i felt it was appropriate.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
      he couldn't see out of that eye.

these guys get paid a few grand for an espn undercard. it's not worth more damage than that. i felt it was appropriate.
      I know that he couldn't see, but the truth is that a closed eye like that is not so dangerous, not at least for the eye. All that swollen tissue protects the eye, so unless you're taking a beating like Margarito vs Pacquiao there's not a lot more risk of getting a serious injury than a guy with an open eye.

Comment

I know that he couldn't see, but the truth is that a closed eye like that is not so dangerous, not at least for the eye. All that swollen tissue protects the eye, so unless you're taking a beating like Margarito vs Pacquiao there's not a lot more risk of getting a serious injury than a guy with an open eye.
        not necessarily. swelling like that can be indicative of damage.

margarito, for instance, had a cracked orbital bone. he appears to be blind in that eye today.

Comment

Teddy analyzing Matthysse destruction of Peterson.

I want sandwich comparisons.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
            not necessarily. swelling like that can be indicative of damage.

margarito, for instance, had a cracked orbital bone. he appears to be blind in that eye today.
            When you get a broken orbital bone most of the swelling starts to appear in the lower part of the eye, not at the eyebrow. Also serious injuries tend to get swollen really really fast, in less than a minute, unlike what happened today.

Comment

Tune in right as I hear Teddy yelling about setting Matthysse his feet faster LOL

Wow difference in handspeed/combinations very apparent
              Last edited by silentscoper; 05-24-2013, 09:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by silentscoper View Post
                Tune in right as I hear Teddy yelling about setting Matthysse his feet faster LOL
                Teddy wouldn't be Teddy without yelling. ****!

Comment

When you get a broken orbital bone most of the swelling starts to appear in the lower part of the eye, not at the eyebrow. Also serious injuries tend to get swollen really really fast, in less than a minute, unlike what happened today.

i'm not speculating that the fighters' face was broken in this case, but here's a broken orbital bone with swelling above the eye.

what a doctor is evaluating in the corner is whether or not a fighter can see, or if there's irreparable damage being done to the eye, especially that which will compromise vision. this man clearly could not see. i think he told the doctor that he couldn't see. the doctor would have been able to cover his other eye and determine quickly that he couldn't see.

fighters have been allowed to continue in the past when one eye has been closed, but they're usually at a much higher level than this journeyman, who probably earned a couple grand. that much money is not worth risking your vision or fighting without being able to see.

Comment

Anyone else think Holmes is gonna go down from a straight left?

Comment

horrible cut on the forehead of stubby russian.

XL was about to knock him out. trust.

Comment

Working...
                      X