No announcement yet.

The Friday Night Fights Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
    I don't believe in that stuff. There are reasons Teddy picks wrong a lot, that was why I thought he was going to pick Clottey (Teddy loves the dogs for one).

We will see on Saturday though.
    Yeah, I was just kidding. Carthron has no lateral movement in this FNF fight.

Comment

Sweet new equipment for the scoring, making things more interseting. Kinda like a fight night game or something.

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
        Sweet new equipment for the scoring, making things more interseting. Kinda like a fight night game or something.
        That is pretty cool, it is good way to explain how they score fights. Scoring fights is still pretty subjective but it is easier to see their thought process.

Although it is yet another graphic to sway viewer scoring.

Comment

damn, both fighters look winded as hell in this round

Comment

Yeah I really like it, it makes it more translucent to what Teddy is actually scoring.

Comment

Carthron did take the fight on 3 days notice but they are both looking winded more than sailboats.

Comment

Originally posted by mrpain81 View Post

Yeah I really like it, it makes it more translucent to what Teddy is actually scoring.
                ESPN maybe onto something maybe judges should use something like this. It makes it easier to keep things straight (atleast over watching a round then trying to recall who you think won), and is better then the ameture system in taht the human is still judging.

Comment

ESPN maybe onto something maybe judges should use something like this. It makes it easier to keep things straight (atleast over watching a round then trying to recall who you think won), and is better then the ameture system in taht the human is still judging.
                  I think it would cut down on the controversy stuff because no one knows what the judges are doing and could change their scores due to payoffs or whatever. Too many fights where 2 of the judges saw the same fight and one has a score that people see as WTF?

Comment

ESPN maybe onto something maybe judges should use something like this. It makes it easier to keep things straight (atleast over watching a round then trying to recall who you think won), and is better then teh ameture system in taht the human is still judging.
                    Whats funny is I used to score fights the same way, every time a fighter did something I would make a small line to the fighter then I would count them at the end of the round. It's a good way to keep things in perspective and also it makes Atlas actually justify his ****ed up scoring. I think his scoring will be better with everybody critiquing his meter.

Comment

I think it would cut down on the controversy stuff because no one knows what the judges are doing and could change their scores due to payoffs or whatever. Too many fights where 2 of the judges saw the same fight and one has a score that people see as WTF?
                      They made a real good point on how this could be used to train judges, have them watch a fight and score it live and ask them question about why the bar would move. Boxing judging is very subjective so in rounds that are even a little close depending on waht they like could go one way or the other. this would be a good way to get much more standard judging (through training), but still there will always be an element because a human judging something is always going to be subjective.

Comment

Working...
                      X