No announcement yet.

Krasniqi - Minto [Spoiler]

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Krasniqi - Minto [Spoiler]

Luan Krasniqi defeated Minto via 12 round UD (116 -111 twice and 115 - 112).

Luan was very cautious and didn't let his hands go as often as I would have wished. Minto threw an awful lot of punches but never really got through Krasniqis guard. Every time Luan decided to take the initative he seemed to hurt Minto.

In the 12th round Luan floored Minto with an uppercut, a left and two right hands. I was surprised that Brian got back to his feet after this beating.

It was a build-up fight, the work rate of Luan kinda dissapointed me, but all in all Krasniqi showed that he is easily a Top 10 HW and didn't lose his game during his 11 month period of inactivity

Haha what did I say????

I want ma "I told ya cookie" ;-)
    Last edited by Zerwas1; 03-17-2007, 05:32 PM.

Comment

I've always believed he's a top 7 or 8 heavyweight. He needs to hurry up though if he wants a belt as time is not on his side.

Comment

thats too bad i was hoping for a minto win, though i figured this would be the way it ended up

hopefully now krasniqi will sack up and fight tony thompson

Comment

Originally posted by Dude View Post
          Luan Krasniqi defeated Minto via 12 round UD (116 -111 twice and 115 - 112).

Luan was very cautious and didn't let his hands go as often as I would have wished. Minto threw an awful lot of punches but never really got through Krasniqis guard. Every time Luan decided to take the initative he seemed to hurt Minto.

In the 12th round Luan floored Minto with an uppercut, a left and two right hands. I was surprised that Brian got back to his feet after this beating.

It was a build-up fight, the work rate of Luan kinda dissapointed me, but all in all Krasniqi showed that he is easily a Top 10 HW and didn't lose his game during his 11 month period of inactivity

...Nice win, but calling Luan a top ten heavy might be a bit of a push. Lets see him actually beat someone and get back in the mix and then we can talk.

Comment

Originally posted by paul750 View Post
            I've always believed he's a top 7 or 8 heavyweight. He needs to hurry up though if he wants a belt as time is not on his side.
            His plan is to have one more fight and than challenge Shannon Briggs in the 4th quarter of 2007.

Comment

gg i dont care
              Last edited by Chipper; 03-17-2007, 06:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by PBDS View Post
                ...Nice win, but calling Luan a top ten heavy might be a bit of a push. Lets see him actually beat someone and get back in the mix and then we can talk.
                i dont get all the respect for krasniqi on this forum

he has no power to speak of.... big deal that he outboxed brewster, so did everyone else... clifford etienne anyone?

he also lost to saleta (nobody) and drew with timo hoffman... eked out a decision of sinan samil sam... and that was in his prime

krasniqi is not top-10 and he never will be.... he dodged tony thompson when a win over thompson would have mde him the WBO #1contender... who the hell does that?

i hope someone wants to give him credit for beating lance whittaker so i can laugh at their ass.. krasniqi wouldnt last 4 rounds with klitschko, and he cant knock out david bostice

Comment

Originally posted by PBDS View Post
                  Well, name ten HWs that you would put above Luan.

I will give you both Klitschkos, Peter, a game Brewster and that's basicly it.

Maskaev, Ibragimov and Rahman are at his level and Toney is done.

I would pick Luan against the likes of Valuev, Byrd, Ruiz, Skelton, Virchis or Danny Williams any day of the week.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman932 View Post
                    i dont get all the respect for krasniqi on this forum

he has no power to speak of.... big deal that he outboxed brewster, so did everyone else... clifford etienne anyone?

he also lost to saleta (nobody) and drew with timo hoffman... eked out a decision of sinan samil sam... and that was in his prime

krasniqi is not top-10 and he never will be.... he dodged tony thompson when a win over thompson would have mde him the WBO #1contender... who the hell does that?

i hope someone wants to give him credit for beating lance whittaker so i can laugh at their ass.. krasniqi wouldnt last 4 rounds with klitschko, and he cant knock out david bostice
                    He beat Saleta in a round in the rematch. I think he's just had issues with dedication and taking his eye of the ball, most notably against Brewster, as well as being gun-shy at times. But the fact of the matter is, he's a good technical boxer who on his day has a chance against most of the heavies out there. I think he's a good steady boxer in a bad division. That's basically the gist of it IMO.

Comment

Working...
                    X